Bumblefoot "Had the hardest time" dealing with Guns N' Roses' concert tardiness

The Black

But let's not forget that Axl has cleared up this issue. From all reports, GnR is going on stage on time for most of their shows over the last year or so.

Which is odd, as guys like Ali and a few others seem to think the late thing was a positive and was part of the alure that made GnR special (somebody even posted that concerts that started on time lacked energy and generally sucked)........so it's odd that Axl would CHANGE his habit of starting late.

I'm a little confused though. As an Axl Rose fan, I'm supposed to excuse and even praise him starting shows two hours late..........but also praise him for starting shows on time. So basically.......just praise his every move!!!

Don't put words in other people's mouths, Groghan. I never said anything about "allure". I just said I have to come expect it, and am willing to work with it and plan accordingly. I also said neither you nor anyone else has to agree as it is my personal decision given my personal circumstances.

Ali

Ali,

You never actually make a defining statement about Axl's actions - so I apologize for putting words in your mouth. And don't be so defensive, like I've told you, I admire your ability to paint a positive spin on EVERYTHING Axl does.

So just for the record, and a simple yes or no will suffice.

Do you think it was a positive thing for Axl to delay the start of GnR shows for 2-3 hours?

Do you think it was rude and disrespectful to his bandmates, band's crew and fans for Axl to start shows 2-3 hours late?

Would it bother you to go to a GnR show in 2014 and have the opening band finish at 10 pm and Axl/Gnr not go onstage until 12:30?

Groghan,

Your schtick is getting very old and tired. Please consider a change in tactic as your tone seems very immature for a grown adult.

. . . I admire your ability to paint a positive spin on EVERYTHING Axl does.

I find this quote quite ironic because that's exactly what you do, only in a very negative, combative, and toxic way. You have a magical way of creating negativity from someone's opinion that wasn't even implied in the first place, then bust out straw-man arguments in the form of essays creating further dissension. Please stop trying to be the father figure to this forum. We don't need your guidance and we definitely don't need to be corrected all the time in order to see things the way you wish us to. I used to respect you as a poster, now i just wish you would let opinions be opinions and quit turning everything in a negative direction. And really, for a grown adult, you really need to stop stalking certain posters and picking on them aggressively in every thread they post in, be the better man.

Not really in my character to make posts such as these, but I had to get that off my chest.

Ali,

You never actually make a defining statement about Axl's actions - so I apologize for putting words in your mouth. And don't be so defensive, like I've told you, I admire your ability to paint a positive spin on EVERYTHING Axl does.

Do you think it was a positive thing for Axl to delay the start of GnR shows for 2-3 hours?

Do you think it was rude and disrespectful to his bandmates, band's crew and fans for Axl to start shows 2-3 hours late?

Would it bother you to go to a GnR show in 2014 and have the opening band finish at 10 pm and Axl/Gnr not go onstage until 12:30?

Defining statement? Sounds more like condemnation. Getting up on my soapbox and doing the latter does nothing for me.

If Axl ever delays a show 2-3 hours, it's never a positive thing. Never said otherwise.

Sure, it's rude and disrespectful if you start a show 2-3 hours late.

No, it doesn't or wouldn't bother me. At this point, I'd plan for it like I have recently.

Groghan,

Your schtick is getting very old and tired. Please consider a change in tactic as your tone seems very immature for a grown adult.

I find this quote quite ironic because that's exactly what you do, only in a very negative, combative, and toxic way. You have a magical way of creating negativity from someone's opinion that wasn't even implied in the first place, then bust out straw-man arguments in the form of essays creating further dissension. Please stop trying to be the father figure to this forum. We don't need your guidance and we definitely don't need to be corrected all the time in order to see things the way you wish us to. I used to respect you as a poster, now i just wish you would let opinions be opinions and quit turning everything in a negative direction. And really, for a grown adult, you really need to stop stalking certain posters and picking on them aggressively in every thread they post in, be the better man.

Not really in my character to make posts such as these, but I had to get that off my chest.

Inprovinoff may have just won the internet.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Ali,

Defining statement? Sounds more like condemnation. Getting up on my soapbox and doing the latter does nothing for me.

If Axl ever delays a show 2-3 hours, it's never a positive thing. Never said otherwise.

No, it doesn't or wouldn't bother me. At this point, I'd plan for it like I have recently.

Groghan,

Ali

He didn't win the internet he just pointed out he doesn't like it when a person posts common sense to show how ridiculous some people are in their "opinions" which are to the point they are not even opinions but rather blind faith and praise of the almighty one. Like Groghan said spin EVERYTHING Axl does into a positive no matter what. AND we all know Axl reads THIS board don't we Ali.

Ali,

Groghan,

Ali

He didn't win the internet he just pointed out he doesn't like it when a person posts common sense to show how ridiculous some people are in their "opinions" which are to the point they are not even opinions but rather blind faith and praise of the almighty one. Like Groghan said spin EVERYTHING Axl does into a positive no matter what. AND we all know Axl reads THIS board don't we Ali.

More irony. Its quite amusing to me that people say that, given the amount of negativity spewed towards Axl and the band on a daily basis. Its a two way street, and there is no right and wrong; only opinion. And I believe no common sense is applied when such a negative tone is used, only "blind faith" in one's own "opinion". I am not a blind Axl worshiper, but I do believe that a more constructive and civil conversation when it comes to all aspects of Axl and GNR, both positive and negative, would go a long way to improving the atmosphere on this forum. There is a a way of being critical without being insulting, combative, and obtusely negative and still getting your point across. Allow people to have their own opinions and don't judge and try to "convert" everyone that shares a different one that you, just have a conversation about it. That's what we're here for right?

Edited by Inprovinoff

Ali,

Groghan,

Ali

Thank you for finally answering an Axl question that wasn't 100% Axl worship. It's a glorious day on the forum

Just a quick follow up. How would you prepare for a three hour delay today?

And lol at you congratulating Inprov.........whoever that is.

A bit hypocritical, as the only two posts I've ever seen her post in she has insulted me and made personal attacks against me - and neither post had ANYTHING to do with the actual topic.

And no, Inprov, you've obviously not followed my posting history on the forum, as the main part (or the only part that is really important) of your post is false. I praise Axl and GnR all the time. Saying that Axl is the best rock singer of my generation........saying that CD is the best rock album of the last decade.......saying that I think this current band could produce an amazing album .............ya, I can see how you would think those are negative statements. When I do make negative statements 99% of the time it's in response to somebody else throwing out an insult, or them blindly praising Axl for something that he doesn't deserve worship for. And funny how you aren't calling out the guys on here who say things 100 times ruder than I do about other posters or about Slash.......I guess those guys are OK in your book, because they worship Axl's every move. Interesting standard you've got going on.

So you might want to follow your own advice, and maybe take a look in the mirror before spewing out your negativity as well. Thanks!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Groghan

Ali,

Groghan,

Ali

Thank you for finally answering an Axl question that wasn't 100% Axl worship. It's a glorious day on the forum

Just a quick follow up. How would you prepare for a three hour delay today?

And lol at you congratulating Inprov.........whoever that is.

A bit hypocritical, as the only two posts I've ever seen her post in she has insulted me and made personal attacks against me - and neither post had ANYTHING to do with the actual topic.

And no, Inprov, you've obviously not followed my posting history on the forum, as the main part (or the only part that is really important) of your post is false. I praise Axl and GnR all the time. Saying that Axl is the best rock singer of my generation........saying that CD is the best rock album of the last decade.......saying that I think this current band could produce an amazing album .............ya, I can see how you would think those are negative statements. When I do make negative statements 99% of the time it's in response to somebody else throwing out an insult, or them blindly praising Axl for something that he doesn't deserve worship for. And funny how you aren't calling out the guys on here who say things 100 times ruder than I do about other posters or about Slash.......I guess those guys are OK in your book, because they worship Axl's every move. Interesting standard you've got going on.

So you might want to follow your own advice, and maybe take a look in the mirror before spewing out your negativity as well. Thanks!!!! :thumbsup:

Oh, please! Nothing I said about your posting habits is false or negative! Of course I've seen you "praise" Axl and GNR, it just always seems, to me, generic and a desperate ploy to give water to your critiques and nothing more. Its the tone and aggressiveness in your negativity that shows where your true feelings fall and I suspect that I'm not the only one who sees this. No one is "ok" in my book when it comes to insulting or being rude no matter who its toward, Axl or posters. Your behavior here is why I singled you out and no one else, not because "they worship Axl's every move" and that "those guys are OK in my book". Quit putting words in my (and other people's) mouth. That was one of the things I initially complained about and you don't get it.