People from the Strip...

T.wa.T

Marc, I was wondering if you could give you're thoughts on these guys.

Taime Down~ From Faster Pussycat. Where you guys freinds with him? I know they toured together, but I was curious if he and Axl had a good relationship. I'm pretty sure FP had some members come and go through LA Guns early on, like GnR.

Rikki Rachtman~ Can you tell us how he became freinds with the band? Was it through the Cathouse, or before that? Also, is it true that Axl got him his job at Mtv?

Tracii Guns~ When GnR took off was he mad at all, or jealous that Axl became so well known? I'm sure there was some jealousy towards Slash, but what about Axl. Did Axl ever consider him to be as good as Slash, to where he might ask Tracii to replace him back in the 90's?

Thanks Marc.

Did Tracii ever contact Izzy after he left GnR to see if he was interested in joining LA Guns?

Edited by T.wa.T

Good question, especially about Tracii Guns. I take it you knew them at the time, Marc? What was the deal with Tracii? The impression I've got is that he and Gardner didn't want to go on the "Hell Tour", they got replaced and the rest is history. Was his attitude at the time that he didn't care about the band that much, or just didn't want to go on this crazy trip? Have he and Axl ever spoken since the split?

also, what did Axl think about him later starting (or continuing) L.A. Guns and sort of making it big as well?

Edited by axlsalinger

I didn't realise that the band London had so many guys who would go on and become successful to.

Wasp, Gnr, Motley, Cinderella and a few others all had band members that went on to better bands. Funny thing is London didn't get anywhere until after they all moved on. Granted it was only minimal success.

Marc, did you ever meet Blackie Lawless? I've read that Axl was friends with him and really liked him as a performer.

Thanks Marc

Edited by T.wa.T

Marc, I was wondering if you could give you're thoughts on these guys.

Taime Down~ From Faster Pussycat. Where you guys freinds with him? I know they toured together, but I was curious if he and Axl had a good relationship. I'm pretty sure FP had some members come and go through LA Guns early on, like GnR.

Rikki Rachtman~ Can you tell us how he became freinds with the band? Was it through the Cathouse, or before that? Also, is it true that Axl got him his job at Mtv?

Tracii Guns~ When GnR took off was he mad at all, or jealous that Axl became so well known? I'm sure there was some jealousy towards Slash, but what about Axl. Did Axl ever consider him to be as good as Slash, to where he might ask Tracii to replace him back in the 90's?

Thanks Marc.

Did Tracii ever contact Izzy after he left GnR to see if he was interested in joining LA Guns?

Taime and Rikki ran the Cathouse so thats how they were friends. The band was more friendly with Rikki.

Tracii was still friends with GNR after he was out of the band and Yes I'm sure he was very jealous that the band he started took off with out him, however Duff told me he was just about on his way out until Slash got there. So I don't think GNR was going anywhere with out Slash and Duff being part of it. Yes Izzy and Axl were able to put together songs but it needed the whole band effort of the AFD lineup to get to where they got to. I will give you 3 examples which turned out to be the 3 biggest songs form AFD WTTJ, Paradise City and SCOM. Those songs had a lot to do with Slash and Duff. Yes Axl was also a big part of them it but still takeaway those 3 songs and the band never gets off the ground. I think what held the AFD GNR together long enough to make it was the fact that they all needed each other musically in order to make it.

Now Tracii is just proud that he was once a part of how the band started. I do think Axl may have had something to do with Rikki getting the job at MTV. I don't know if Tracii ever contacted Izzy after he left GNR

Edited by recklessroad

Thanks Marc.

Wow, thank God Duff hung on!! I totally agree that only those five guys could have made all those great songs and the rest of Appetite n LIES. Theres seems to be so many small miracles that made Guns n Roses possible. With all the members coming and going from LA Guns to Hollywood Rose etc...its really amazing that they found each other in a musical sense.

Are you a fan of LA Guns? Cocked n Loaded was the only album of theirs I owned. I really really like, the Ballad of Jane, great song.

That's cool that Tracii understands it just wasn't meant to be. Must be tough. Rob Gardner must kick himself once in awhile to, lol.

Taime's career is very similar to Axls. Obviously not as successful but he started a whole new version of Faster Pussycat, with an industrial sound. He tours with all different band members and gets the same, its not Fastet P, as Axl does with GnR.

I asked about him because like Axl, he seemed different than the other singers from there. He seems cool anyways. Didn't know he ran the Cathouse with Rikki, that's pretty cool.

Thanks again man \m/

The fact that Tracii had his own, albeit more moderate, success with LA Guns probably eased any regrets there. In fact LA Guns were fairly big for a brief moment.

Marc, I think in your book, before the Appetite line-up, you mention that Tracii and Slash were rivals. Was this merely a consequence of their respective bands (LA Guns and Road Crew) both trying to poach Bill Rose or was it a bit nastier than that?

Marc when you listen to their songs, are you able to pick out little hidden meanings or references to people, places or happenings that you guys experieced. Or do you hear the songs like Aerosmith were you might know the basic idea of who or what the song is about but not specifically?

Like can you listen to Its So Easy or Back of Bitch and say to yourself, I know who Axl is singing about and what hes talking about, where as We would only know very basic things about who the songs are about.