Fugazi

Redhead74

Straight Edgers are fucking wankers! There I said it!

Nothing wrong with choosing not to engage in drugs and alcohol or promiscuous sex.
You're kinda missing the point.
Then what's the point almighty Dazey?
Lots of people don't drink, do drugs or shag around but they don't feel the need to have a fucking silly name for it. ;)

Guest Len B'stard

So? That's your reasoning?

Pretty good reasoning too, don't you think? To take a perfectly do-able act of abstinence and to turn it into some kind of 'movement' by where you abstain is just sad, boring 'hey look at me!' behaviour. I admire the principle greatly...but to become a faction behind it? An army? It smacks of self aggrandisement when you attempt to create some kind of chic out of your principles, makes one wonder exactly how seriously you actually take them.

And furthermore, this idea of looking down upon people who do engage in those acts and victimising and attacking them, often physically, c'mon man.

I read a story about these three straight edgers from Portland that to impose some of their Straight Edge justice to this band down in Texas that were doing a show...the story goes they got the shit beaten out of them and got bummed as well, which i thought was an interesting touch :lol:

Pretty good reasoning too, don't you think? To take a perfectly do-able act of abstinence and to turn it into some kind of 'movement' by where you abstain is just sad, boring 'hey look at me!' behaviour. I admire the principle greatly...but to become a faction behind it? An army? It smacks of self aggrandisement when you attempt to create some kind of chic out of your principles, makes one wonder exactly how seriously you actually take them.

And furthermore, this idea of looking down upon people who do engage in those acts and victimising and attacking them, often physically, c'mon man.

I read a story about these three straight edgers from Portland that to impose some of their Straight Edge justice to this band down in Texas that were doing a show...the story goes they got the shit beaten out of them and got bummed as well, which i thought was an interesting touch :lol:

Can I scream NOW? So now we hate "straight-edgers" too! REALLY?!!!!

It's a POSITIVE movement! Oh man, don't .....don't....don't .....get me started! :blink:

Pretty good reasoning too, don't you think?

No, not really. But I guess when you're high or drunk all the time, why wouldn't you have a problem with straight edge?

Missed the point again eh? You can read yes?

I'd hate weak-assed drug and alcohol abusers before i'd hate on straight-edge people!! :P

Of course there's clearly no middle ground eh? ;)

Guest Len B'stard

Can I scream NOW? So now we hate "straight-edgers" too! REALLY?!!!!

It's a POSITIVE movement! Oh man, don't .....don't....don't .....get me started! :blink:

Actually my post said 'i admire the principle greatly'. I didn't say anything about hating anyone, i just said it was silly and self aggrandising and insincere. And quite frankly, i think you know exactly zero about the Straight Edge movement to be qualified to comment on it. But generally Rita, you're actually so thick that you have absolutely no idea what anyones talking about half the time so can we just not waste both of our times here? Cheers ;)

Punk Rock comes, this thing that goes 'no rules, no rules, no rules!'...and a bunch of people make an offshoot on that based entirely on being regimented? Riiiiiiiiiiiight..

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

No, not really. But I guess when you're high or drunk all the time, why wouldn't you have a problem with straight edge?

Why have you not even approached addressing the part of the post that was talking about the specifics of the issue at hand? And also the words 'i admire the principle greatly'. There's a little hint in that part of it that should make a little lightbulb go off for ya.

I'd hate weak-assed drug and alcohol abusers before i'd hate on straight-edge people!! :P

Well, attacking everything just because it DARES to exist is why people hate people on welfare, Occupy Wall Street, and uneducated people in general. Did ya ever think that

there are HIDDEN oppressors in the world are deserving of real dislike. Look who is getting hurt now by the gov shutdown. The least influential, right? So here we have straight-edge people

POSITIVELY influencing their generation and they are not on a soapbox but rather just existing and people dislike them!! WHY again?!!

Well, attacking everything just because it DARES to exist is why people hate people on welfare, Occupy Wall Street, and uneducated people in general. Did ya ever think that

there are HIDDEN oppressors in the world are deserving of real dislike. Look who is getting hurt now by the gov shutdown. The least influential, right? So here we have straight-edge people

POSITIVELY influencing their generation and they are not on a soapbox but rather just existing and people dislike them!! WHY again?!!

I was in the US when occupy San Francisco was going on and I was late for a really good restaurant reservation because those scruffy cunts were getting in the way of my taxi. :shrugs:

I was in the US when occupy San Francisco was going on and I was late for a really good restaurant reservation because those scruffy cunts were getting in the way of my taxi. :shrugs:

That was a monumental time to be anywhere near that movement if that was Occupy Oakland. They shut the whole city down, the port, City Hall. You might actually brag about it later that you

were there . :shades: The biggest thing for me if what the people can do, you don't have to agree with their philosophies but the people can organize and make demands. Here we are Day 11 because the

the gov cares little for the little people.

That was a monumental time to be anywhere near that movement if that was Occupy Oakland. They shut the whole city down, the port, City Hall. You might actually brag about it later that you

were there . :shades: The biggest thing for me if what the people can do, you don't have to agree with their philosophies but the people can organize and make demands. Here we are Day 11 because the

the gov cares little for the little people.

You realise that it cost me at least $50 for that reservation yes?

Guest Len B'stard

I can't say i have Skip, no. Would suprise me though, hippies ruin everything, don't they? :lol: In the words of the great Malcolm McLaren, 'Helen, never trust a hippie!'.