Has Axl finally managed to put together a band whose members will never quit on him?

Randy Lahey

Now it seems like Ron being so fan friendly was bcos he was getting pushed out, so one way to get a foot hold is through the fans.

From Ballad of Death I think you can hear how Dj could work with Axl on his songs. And he could do a couple of 00s type rockers, not the bone crunching of YCBM but more high flying, high octane songs. Sixx Am meets GNR is all they need. Als if he produces with Axl the album will have unified sound. It's juts whether Tommy and Del like him. He's cool with Motely so he must have some dude credentials.

With Ron and Fortus, they aren't short on talent in the band. With Pitman and Dizzy dueling on synths the sky's the limit.

I reckon youve convinced me now, but the secret ingredient would definitely be Axl. And perhaps the chronically under-utilized Fortus.

I honestly feel bbfs style has little or nothing to offer gnr. For me hes final year music students and concept shredding only. Not denying his talent, just his fit. Start up randy on the elephant noise.

I think Ron could do something like Shacklers, more of a Rob Zombie meets Judas Priest metal song.

If I was to design the album, I know they cant do it themselves.

album title: Trick or Treat

Intro - Marlon Brando quote from Apocalypse Now "without judgement"

1. This is Gonna Hurt meets Scraped - Dj and Axl

2. Living Dead Girl meets Screaming for Vengeance - Ron

3. Black Limosuine meets Venus in Furs - Fortus 4. Tommy and Axl mid temp Soul Asylum meets Alice Cooper

5. Pitman Halloween theme tune instrumental

6. Axl ballad like Korns Alone I Break

7. Axl epic - Haunted House of Estranged - Under my Wheels/Runaway Train

8. Fortus Stonsy Voodoo Rocker

9. Goin Blind meets Six Feet Under - Ron

10. 20 minute Axl epic going from TIL to Locomotive to Coma. Like Evanescence meets Dream Theatre.

Edited by wasted

Now it seems like Ron being so fan friendly was bcos he was getting pushed out, so one way to get a foot hold is through the fans.

From Ballad of Death I think you can hear how Dj could work with Axl on his songs. And he could do a couple of 00s type rockers, not the bone crunching of YCBM but more high flying, high octane songs. Sixx Am meets GNR is all they need. Als if he produces with Axl the album will have unified sound. It's juts whether Tommy and Del like him. He's cool with Motely so he must have some dude credentials.

With Ron and Fortus, they aren't short on talent in the band. With Pitman and Dizzy dueling on synths the sky's the limit.

I reckon youve convinced me now, but the secret ingredient would definitely be Axl. And perhaps the chronically under-utilized Fortus.

I honestly feel bbfs style has little or nothing to offer gnr. For me hes final year music students and concept shredding only. Not denying his talent, just his fit. Start up randy on the elephant noise.

I think Ron could do something like Shacklers, more of a Rob Zombie meets Judas Priest metal song.

3. Black Limosuine meets Venus in Furs - Fortus 4. Tommy and Axl mid temp Soul Asylum meets Alice Cooper

10. 20 minute Axl epic going from TIL to Locomotive to Coma. Like Evanescence meets Dream Theatre.

Great post. But there's so much in it it'll take time to digest. I feel like a boa that's just eaten a wild pig.

Firstly, a concept album is a great idea. They could really reach back to when albums were each cultural event. Imagine the tour!

Rob zombie has always had those sensibilities lurking in him, and he partially acted on them with Hellbilly D. I remember him being interviewed for the release at his home, in full get-up. He had two actual human heads pickled in jars on his study desk, 150+ yr old antiques from some whaling voyage to the S pacific. Now THAT's a sense of theatre.

I also just noticed the similarities between LivingDeadGirl & Better.

Great post. But there's so much in it it'll take time to digest. I feel like a boa that's just eaten a wild pig.

Firstly, a concept album is a great idea. They could really reach back to when albums were each cultural event. Imagine the tour!

Rob zombie has always had those sensibilities lurking in him, and he partially acted on them with Hellbilly D. I remember him being interviewed for the release at his home, in full get-up. He had two actual human heads pickled in jars on his study desk, 150+ yr old antiques from some whaling voyage to the S pacific. Now THAT's a sense of theatre.

I also just noticed the similarities between LivingDeadGirl & Better.

Better is kind of Living Dead Girl meets Head Like a Hole. Shackler's has a 4 Lane Blacktop drum beat?

Yeah I think they are in the position to a very theatrical, gothic, Cooper-ish, Lana Del Rey/Evanescence horror rock n roll album. It's a way to dovetail back into rock n roll but still keep Lost Highway. Like Dj Better (that tomato missed me!) has that (rocks? nice.) a very Lana Del Rey vibe to it. Like a long hot night cooling by the pool on Mulholland Drive.

Has Axl finally managed to put together a band whose members will never quit on him?

I don't think any of them will ever get anything as big as GNR. Ron could quit due to health though.

It doesn't seem to matter if anyone quits anyway. There's always another six shooter for hire in the wanted ads.

True. But Axl needs another hired gun like a hole in the head.

I think if Ron leaves, they won't get another guitarist. They'll just split his money between them.

I just see them stripping it down for a new record. Long term, not that there's much time left, but if they are going to do a self-titled Back in Black type hard record to appease the masses and add that to the discography then Dj is the future. With him taking the Slash role and Fortus Izzy or the them switching it back and forth.

I doubt Ron will leave, if he didn't leave after going through that, the suicide attempt, all that pain, why quit now after all that seems like he's digging his heels in and Axl likes a fighter.

The what now?

I hope so, it's a great fuckin' band. I'd love to hear what they write together.

Me too man, I would dig an album from these guys but unfortunately these past few years have really killed any sort of hope I had for an album being released anytime remotely soon.

I don't think any of them will ever get anything as big as GNR. Ron could quit due to health though.

It doesn't seem to matter if anyone quits anyway. There's always another six shooter for hire in the wanted ads.

I think if Ron leaves, they won't get another guitarist. They'll just split his money between them.

I just see them stripping it down for a new record. Long term, not that there's much time left, but if they are going to do a self-titled Back in Black type hard record to appease the masses and add that to the discography then Dj is the future. With him taking the Slash role and Fortus Izzy or the them switching it back and forth.

I doubt Ron will leave, if he didn't leave after going through that, the suicide attempt, all that pain, why quit now after all that seems like he's digging his heels in and Axl likes a fighter.

The what now?

He says in that interview on tour with GNR with pain he was in he tried to kill himself one night with alcohol and his painkilkers or something. But it didnt work. Unless i misread it?

The what now?

He says in that interview on tour with GNR with pain he was in he tried to kill himself one night with alcohol and his painkilkers or something. But it didnt work. Unless i misread it?

Think it was just booze, but the attempt was indeed made. That's a seriously dark place to admit to being in.

The what now?

Think it was just booze, but the attempt was indeed made. That's a seriously dark place to admit to being in.

To live with pain that makes you want to kill yourself must be terrible. If he didn't leave after that, he'll never leave. Set the controls for warp speed shred, agent Rose, we're late again.

NuGn'R will always be a succesful nostalgia act touring band and having Axl paying you a montly nice wage et all for your 'loyalty' that's more than enough for most musicians to hang on to indefinitely. I certainly would, wouldn't you? :)

NuGn'R will always be a succesful nostalgia act touring band and having Axl paying you a montly nice wage et all for your 'loyalty' that's more than enough for most musicians to hang on to indefinitely. I certainly would, wouldn't you? :)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with working for money. But it's got to be stifling his creativity not being able to record new material in his main job.

I'm proud of you Randy.

You've finally accepted that Axl didn't fire everyone as you've wholeheartedly perpetrated in the past. That's big of you.

No didnt "fire" he just demoted and Axl just made it living hell to the point where it became unworkable. After changing up the whole point and purpose of GNR the other fellas found it absolutely unworkable and refused to work with a tryrant who manipulated the circumstances to his advantage first and formost. Had Axl done it for the "fans" and delivered the goods to a degree that drove home the whole point of change in the first place then he could be celebrated as a genius instead of this bullshit we have now.

DJ has said a million times that he didn't join GNR just to "fill in" for Robin, constantly citing his resume as a songwriter/producer. Well, he's been in Guns for nearly 5 years with still no new album on the horizon, whether it features his playing or includes songs he wrote. Literally nothing in the pipes. Unless Axl's paying him an exorbitant amount more than the others just to hang out, I don't see him sticking around too much longer.

As far as Ron goes, it's really anyone's guess. The guy has been through hell and back during his time with GNR and hasn't left yet, however unphappy he may still be. My guess is that it'll come down to some kind of huge fight with someone in the band that'll lead to him saying "Fuck this. I'm done." I suppose that could happen at any point.

Edited by sofine11

No. There isn't a single member of this band who is relevant outside of this act.

Ask the average Joe. They can tell you who Buckethead is who primus is and what nine inch nails do.

I think the guys in the band are drawing the biggest paycheck they ever have or will. They won't leave gurantee it.