Would the Axl of the late 90's have hired a guy like DJ Ashba?

CoolRanchDressing

Seems to me that Ashba kinda represents everything Axl didn't want back when he was forming his dream band to reinvent GNR and create Chinese Democracy. Have you listened to the solo album Ashba put out around that same time? It's laughably cornball... "Addiction to the Friction"?! Lol.

Back in the late 90s Axl seemed to want to run as far as possible from make-up wearing bonner rock. If he dreamed of forming a progressive future numetal band, I just can't imagine him gunning for the replacement guitarist in the Bullet Boys.

What changed?

Seems to me that Ashba kinda represents everything Axl didn't want back when he was forming his dream band to reinvent GNR and create Chinese Democracy. Have you listened to the solo album Ashba put out around that same time? It's laughably cornball... "Addiction to the Friction"?! Lol.

Back in the late 90s Axl seemed to want to run as far as possible from make-up wearing bonner rock. If he dreamed of forming a progressive future numetal band, I just can't imagine him gunning for the replacement guitarist in the Bullet Boys.

What changed?

He was under massive pressure to work with slash again and needed an out. Axl hinted at this himself (see ashba app thread).

I just cant believe the shameless Slash impersonating...which by itself is pretty embarrassing and lame but when doing it IN GUNS N ROSES it just makes it even worse.

The guy just reeks of bullshit, getting Ashba in the band killed my enthusiasm for GNR dead.

What changed?

Honestly, a huge bit of desperation is my guess.

He'd lost two quality guitar players from his "new" band and needed to get somebody with a "name" to come in. Somebody who could hopefully pull in the younger audience.