Did Axl miss a great chance by not getting John Frusciante?

ManetsBR

So mellow, yet f'kin beautiful. Especially knowing his past struggles and no one's voice would sound better on that. It's gems like this that make a Frusciante solo album well worth digging through:

Live version(w/Klinghoffer on drums):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCCbHIMs9fA

Sorry Bruno, no 3 man guitar attack, pro tools and over production will match that.

So Frusciante is as known to his generation as Brian May was. Yup. Jusin Bieber is as known to his generation as Axl was at his prime. Does not mean a thing :)

Fame and pop/commercial appeal are important when discussing legacy, legendary status. However, they are not important when discussing quality and musicality. That's why some of my favorite musicians are not famous or well known.

Frusciante fans are actually worse than Slash fans :lol: never thought I'd reach this point :lol:

Your view of muscianship is obviously incredibly narrow. The fact you're even using Justin Bieber as a comparably analogy is pathetic. You don't like John Frusciante very much so in your mind it's not quality and it's not creative or innovative and anyone who thinks otherwise is biased and not looking at it objectively. The reality is you're not looking at it objectivley and you're trying to pass your ramblings off as factual. You've flip flopped so much in this. If John had sold millions and million of solo records you'd hold that against him but you also hold it against him that he hasn't because his legacy is't as good if nobody bought his album. Holy fuck man which is it then?

Fame and pop/commercial appeal are important when discussing legacy, legendary status. However, they are not important when discussing quality and musicality.

Even though english isnt my first language, I think I explained this well. Maybe someone can explain it to you then?

I used Justin Bieber as an example to provide further proof that someone being well known does not automatically give him legendary status. He may be as well known today as Plant was at his prime but that does not grant him legendary status. Again, I think I've worded it decently.

Some of you probably cant grasp the popularity vs quality discussion. I will try to explain this again.

Jimi Hendrix changed how the world played and viewed guitar at his time, just like Eddie Van Halen did. This is not opinion, this is fact. However, what they brought to the table may be or may be not enjoyable to me. This is where my opinion comes in. Frusciante, on the other hand, did not change how the world viewed and/or played guitar. Again, this is fact. Many people enjoy what he brought to the table, many do not. This is when opinions matter.

See? My opinion does not matter if we're talking about their legacy. My opinion does matter if we're talking about whether I enjoy their contributions or not.

I cant think of any other way to explain this. If you still cant understand this, I strongly suggest you guys to seek help elsewhere.

• Like 1

Great guitar player and while I think that collaborating with Axl on new music may bring some unique results, I don't think his style would complement the GNR catalog very well - not because he's incapable or he is too good, but it wouldn't allow him to use his full potential. I felt even RHCP was limiting for him - despite that their late guitarist Hillel was one of his main early influences - let alone GNR.

If I have 2 guitarists, and one of them can play everything the other guy can plus more, then that one is the better guitarist.

Well by that rational the secretary in the office next to mine is a better writer than Shakespeare because she can copy Romeo and Juliet at 100 words a minute no?

If I have 2 guitarists, and one of them can play everything the other guy can plus more, then that one is the better guitarist.

Well by that rational the secretary in the office next to mine is a better writer than Shakespeare because she can copy Romeo and Juliet at 100 words a minute no?

Can she write things that Shakespeare could not copy if he were alive today?

From pansy rock to pansy poetry, we've now covered the whole pansy spectrum, no?

So we've come to the conclusion that Frusciante is not the real deal, even if many people enjoy his work. Shakespeare, on the other hand, is the real deal.

Thank you all for playing along.

Bruno, my brutha, always good to see self-confidence(even when not warranted) and I don't want to burst your bubble and imagined victory here. But for the Love of God, promise me that you will never EVER pursue a career as lawyer and prosecuting attorney. You'd have the defense attorney, the judge, the jury( and yourself!) all so confused about what the hell you are arguing, that any town you practice law in will quickly turn to Arkham City. We're talking complete, utter anarchy with the villains flooding out of the courthouse and into the streets. :lol:

You WIN and may Jimi, Mozart and now Shakespeare rest in peace.

Oh, believe me, a few people told me that already. :lol:

I don't think I "won" anything here, I just played along. Yes, I had my points but I went on and on - and exaggerated greatly - for too long just for the fun of it, lol

Don't take what I post too seriously as I am simply trolling all the time :lol: :lol: