Axl Rose and David Tang

Amir

"Sir David Tang, KBE... is a Hong Kong businessman and socialite best known as the founder of the Shanghai Tang fashion chain, which he sold in 2006 to Richemont. Tang's grandfather 'founded the Kowloon bus company and became one of Hong Kong’s greatest philanthropists'". - Wikipedia

"I once gave a dinner for Mr Axl Rose and deliberately sat my mother-in-law next to him. She, like you, had not the faintest idea who he was. I did try to be a bit provocative because I knew Mr Rose had a propensity to go berserk on stage and I was intrigued to see what he might do, if provoked. As it turned out, Mr Rose was charm personified and afterwards my mother-in-law said what a nice young man he was!"

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/3b29a580-479e-11e3-9398-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz2l2TF2x34

Interesting company Axl keeps. Guess this was when he visited China before CD was released? The fact that Mr. Tang is a philanthropist makes me think it had something to do with charity work (like the mention of Chinese charities in the alternate booklets... without actually naming any specifically :P ).