Club Music

Facekicker

Most of the stuff they play in clubs now is by a dj with that thumping bass and I hate it.

Paulie D from the Jersey Short knuckeheads opened with his dj shit for the Backstreet Boys and half way through his set I wanted to shoot myself.

I was so glad I didn't have to go to clubs anymore. The music was horrible. it was all songs that were recorded by bands but with that bass beat to it.

God help me!

Guest Len B'stard

Course it is sweetheart, why all the straight clubs in every modern metropolis is full of them, aren't they? :lol:

As far as me looking trendy, mate, if getting out and living in your own day, in reality, in whats going on around you is faking and being trendy well i'd rather be a fake and a trendy than looking up to an idealised idea of something that went on 30 years before my time from the comfort of my bedroom that I probably wouldn't've been able to handle the reality of even if i was there :lol:

I was around in the 90s, i grew up in the 90s, this was kicking off in the 90s and i liked the sound of it, i weren't sitting around in my room in front of a mirror wishing it was 1953, sneering and looking down at all those poor sad peons that just don't get how cool Carl Perkins was :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

1953? What happened in 1953? In the mid 90s I was listening to Hendrix and The Beatles.

I bet you like to bop to 2 Unlimited haha? Eurotrash crack. It is so gay even Freddie Mercury said, ''fuck that mate. That is too gay even for me.''

Fuck me, she's getting the history book out again, i'm sorry my dear, thats fifty five, or fifty four, or fifty-no-one-gives-a-fuck-cuz-its-aincent-fuckin'-history? :lol: Blimey, you was listening to Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles eh, well there's an earth shaker, surely not, not in the 90s, thats showin' em Dies', well done! If only those thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people stuffed into clubs, drinkin' and pillin' and shaggin' birds had known about the party going on in your bedroom eh? :lol:

And as far as 90s dance music being too gay for Freddie Mercury, uh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VgN1qlLpkE

Maybe? :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

No, this is coming from Sugar who has consistently and categorically stated since forever, on this forum and throughout his life that punk is something that has nothing to do with him and should be understood within the context of its time and not something that should be lauded over the generations that follow.

And my argument is that you sit around taking the piss out of your own times and generation whilst singing up the 50s is slightly pathetic, that dont really apply to me, does it because im not singing up the 90s to the exclusion of whats contemporary am i? Therein lies the difference.

Clue: in my prior post i said facekicker was the only one posting proper dance tunes, in response to people posting tracks by 2Unlimited and The Shaman ;)

Most of the stuff they play in clubs now is by a dj with that thumping bass and I hate it.

Paulie D from the Jersey Short knuckeheads opened with his dj shit for the Backstreet Boys and half way through his set I wanted to shoot myself.

I was so glad I didn't have to go to clubs anymore. The music was horrible. it was all songs that were recorded by bands but with that bass beat to it.

God help me!

If you think Paulie D is a legit DJ or in anyway representative of what club music is all about then...think again.

Music for 90s homosexual men.

Is that your opinion of Noel Gallagher? Liam Howlett?

If you go through this thread, you could literally make the best gym playlist ever. :lol:

That's pretty much my workout playlist.