It's So Easy

wfuckinga

I was listening to the Axl interview from 06 with Eddie Trunk, and he described It's So Easy as having originally been a folk sounding song on acoustic guitars with West Arkeen, and was sang a completely different way from what it was now. Do you remember when it turned into the harder sounding song it is on the album, and was the original version ever played live? Thanks in advance :)

I was listening to the Axl interview from 06 with Eddie Trunk, and he described It's So Easy as having originally been a folk sounding song on acoustic guitars with West Arkeen, and was sang a completely different way from what it was now. Do you remember when it turned into the harder sounding song it is on the album, and was the original version ever played live? Thanks in advance :)

I believe it was sped up the first time Slash got to add parts to it.

Slash: 'It's So Easy' was a song that basically was written with West Arkeen. West was a really good friend we did a lot of writing with, especially Axl. When that particular song was first written, it had this light, strummy feel because it was written with open chords. It was a lot slower. It was very cool, though - sort of beatnik-sounding. It sounded like it was written on the back of a train.

I turned it into more of a power-chord type of deal. There were a couple of riffs I introduced to it, and it sounded a lot more rocking by the end. That was always my forte - anything that was written on acoustic or an electric played at less than 11, I would always turn up to 12 [back to the Jungle, Guitar Edge Magazine, March 2007]

And as Axl himself states in the Trunk interview from 2006, this happened during rehearsals in LA.

Read more here: http://www.a-4-d.com/t73-it-s-so-easy

Were you able to see the video when it was made? I don't think they were planning on having it shown on MTV, so what were they thinking of doing with it?

I was there and also shot that show. I think they made 2 different versions but never used the uncut one. Maybe it was going to be something you buy?

• Like 1