Axl and his 'Slash complex'

Snowmass

Because he never got any help dealing with the split. I think he just needs to understand what really went wrong between them. He is holding on to all that pain.

It's really too bad. Axl coulda done so much if he could have moved on. He coulda been Ozzy like with a solo career.

Because he never got any help dealing with the split. I think he just needs to understand what really went wrong between them. He is holding on to all that pain.

It's really too bad. Axl coulda done so much if he could have moved on. He coulda been Ozzy like with a solo career.

Yes but Axl is his own worst enemy. Because of things he does and things he doesn´t do. Axl could´ve been Ozzy if he would´ve been productive when Zakk Wylde was around. If Axl would´ve done an album of 12 balads November Rain style back in 1995. He would´ve sold more albums. Fans would said yes, that´s Axl. I would´ve prefered the Out Ta Get Me Axl. But the lesser evil would´ve been balads and not industrial. Who told him GN´R fans and causual rock fans wanted NIN music from him? Who told him it was a good idea to spend more than 10 years in an album? Who told him it was a good idea to go M.I.A. for so many years?

A lot of people don't understand the fact that you have a record label that tries to force Axl into a reunion every time he comes up with something new. Not only they try to force him into a reunion, but they also try to force him into writing Classic GNR style songs.

They want more Sweet Child O'Mines or Paradise Cities, they don't want industrial sounding records. The only reason they even released Chinese Democracy was because they could get a huge deal from Best Buy which was wiling to pay millions of dollars for exclusivity on the album.

That's why they brought Azoff in it. He's the guy who manages to get everyone from other bands to reunite, and they wanted to seduce Axl with a huge million dollar Van Halen tour, if he reunited with the old members (which Axl will never do, as he says, not in this lifetime...)

I do believe that the record label and another two guys that i'm not gonna name, are constantly trying to stop Axl from evolving with this new band and constantly trying to avoid that Axl gets anything with this new band released. (and yes they do have that kind of power, or at least the power to delay things further).

And not only that the reason why Chinese Democracy took so long to be released, but it's also why Axl won't even contemplate a reunion. You would think by now that Axl had forgotten about everything or at least moved on of the whole break up thing and could slowly make up with his old mates.

But it's not just that that it's on the line. There's two people who have hold Axl's career as hostage for several years, preventing Axl from doing anything productive or at least delaying it for several years (releasing new albums with the new band) with court cases and lawsuits.

And even though that didn't really came to public... I do believe Axl has every right to feel that. And i do believe this 2 people gave them enough reasons to not ever wanting to reunite with them. i'm surprised one of these people even showed up at a gig with Axl and the new band a couple of times....

I'll say this as well: The document that would give full power to Axl when it comes to Guns N'Roses was signed in the Use Your Illusion tour alright but it was presented and sign by Slash and Duff in between legs. So they weren't even touring! Slash's and Duff's books claim that Axl was not gonna go on if they didn't sign it! Which is complete bullshit! they were on a break between the tour legs! They weren't having a show that day as the book claims.

Those are the kind of lies that the general public have been fed for years! Why should Axl reunite with these people?? After all these lies....

Edited by AndreCC
  • Like 1

A lot of people don't understand the fact that you have a record label that tries to force Axl into a reunion every time he comes up with something new. Not only they try to force him into a reunion, but they also try to force him into writing Classic GNR style songs.

They want more Sweet Child O'Mines or Paradise Cities, they don't want industrial sounding records. The only reason they even released Chinese Democracy was because they could get a huge deal from Best Buy which was wiling to pay millions of dollars for exclusivity on the album.

That's why they brought Azoff in it. He's the guy who manages to get everyone from other bands to reunite, and they wanted to seduce Axl with a huge million dollar Van Halen tour, if he reunited with the old members (which Axl will never do, as he says, not in this lifetime...)

I do believe that the record label and another two guys that i'm not gonna name, are constantly trying to stop Axl from evolving with this new band and constantly trying to avoid that Axl gets anything with this new band released. (and yes they do have that kind of power, or at least the power to delay things further).

And not only that the reason why Chinese Democracy took so long to be released, but it's also why Axl won't even contemplate a reunion. You would think by now that Axl had forgotten about everything or at least moved on of the whole break up thing and could slowly make up with his old mates.

But it's not just that that it's on the line. There's two people who have hold Axl's career as hostage for several years, preventing Axl from doing anything productive or at least delaying it for several years (releasing new albums with the new band) with court cases and lawsuits.

And even though that didn't really came to public... I do believe Axl has every right to feel that. And i do believe this 2 people gave them enough reasons to not ever wanting to reunite with them. i'm surprised one of these people even showed up at a gig with Axl and the new band a couple of times....

I'll say this as well: The document that would give full power to Axl when it comes to Guns N'Roses was signed in the Use Your Illusion tour alright but it was presented and sign by Slash and Duff in between legs. So they weren't even touring! Slash's and Duff's books claim that Axl was not gonna go on if they didn't sign it! Which is complete bullshit! they were on a break between the tour legs! They weren't having a show that day as the book claims.

Those are the kind of lies that the general public have been fed for years! Why should Axl reunite with these people?? After all these lies....

In case you haven´t noticed he has reunited with Duff twice!!! First in London because Axl ASKED Duff to joined him. Duff was there on a business trip. He didn´t even know Axl was in the same hotel. If that wasn´t enough Duff band Loaded opened for GN´R a couple of show in 2011. If Axl felt he was a victim and he was betrayed, then why he wanted to be with Duff?

Slash keeps doing his solo albums, his tours, his movie soundtrack. In what way is Slash stopping Axl? Slash is jut too busy with his job to waste time on Axl.

It is true that record companies today suck ass. But that not Slash and Duff fault. It´s just the way music industry is just now.

And about the name, Axl never treat them because he wasn´t present at the time the managers were having a meeting with Slash and Duff. So it was the managers who told them that Axl wouldn´t go on stage. And I think Slash and Duff should done a mutiny. And quit the band right there instead of signing the name over to Axl.

Duff and Slash have built their own careers long ago with different bands. They have their own families and their own life. They have forgot all about Axl

In case you haven´t noticed he has reunited with Duff twice!!! First in London because Axl ASKED Duff to joined him. Duff was there on a business trip. He didn´t even know Axl was in the same hotel. If that wasn´t enough Duff band Loaded opened for GN´R a couple of show in 2011. If Axl felt he was a victim and he was betrayed, then why he wanted to be with Duff?

Slash keeps doing his solo albums, his tours, his movie soundtrack. In what way is Slash stopping Axl? Slash is jut too busy with his job to waste time on Axl.

It is true that record companies today suck ass. But that not Slash and Duff fault. It´s just the way music industry is just now.

And about the name, Axl never treat them because he wasn´t present at the time the managers were having a meeting with Slash and Duff. So it was the managers who told them that Axl wouldn´t go on stage. And I think Slash and Duff should done a mutiny. And quit the band right there instead of signing the name over to Axl.

Duff and Slash have built their own careers long ago with different bands. They have their own families and their own life. They have forgot all about Axl

The thing is that whole story can't be true, because the supposed document was signed in between the tour legs. They WEREN'T even on tour! They WERE on a break in between legs.

Slash and Duff have been in a court case for years and years with Axl, to try to do a settlement for a reunion. From what i was told, they were trying to get the percentage they had of the name back to them. Once they understood that that wasn't possible, they've tried a settlement to try to get Axl to agree with a reunion. (That is why Slash went to Axl's house to try to talk with him).

Both of them, Slash and Duff still have a say on what gets released and what doesn't get released, whether it concerns them or not.

Do you really believe that Duff met Axl on a hotel by luck?

There were rumors that it was Sebastian who arranged for the whole encounter thing to happen, but since i'm not gonna base my opinion on rumors... yes! They have met and they've toured together again, they had a nice dinner and hang out together. As far as i know they're cool enough with each other now. How they managed to do that, i don't know... it was a shock to me to see them together knowing what happened, but then again, Axl holds a grudge on all of this towards Slash and not Duff, because in his way of viewing things, Slash is the mastermind of all of this lawsuit bullshit that went on for years.

But in any case, that's why i said "i'm surprised one of these people even showed up at a gig with Axl and the new band a couple of times...."

It really does surprise me.But then again Axl always got along with Duff, and he never really was able to get along with Slash.

Edited by AndreCC

The thing is that whole story can't be true, because the supposed document was signed in between the tour legs. They WEREN'T even on tour! They WERE on a break in between legs.

Slash and Duff have been in a court case for years and years with Axl, to try to do a settlement for a reunion. From what i was told, they were trying to get the percentage they had of the name back to them. Once they understood that that wasn't possible, they've tried a settlement to try to get Axl to agree with a reunion. (That is why Slash went to Axl's house to try to talk with him).

Both of them, Slash and Duff still have a say on what gets released and what doesn't get released, whether it concerns them or not.

There were rumors that it was Sebastian who arranged for the whole encounter thing to happen, but since i'm not gonna base my opinion on rumors... yes! They have met and they've toured together again, they had a nice dinner and hang out together. As far as i know they're cool enough with each other now. How they managed to do that, i don't know... it was a shock to me to see them together knowing what happened, but then again, Axl holds a grudge on all of this towards Slash and not Duff, because in his way of viewing things, Slash is the mastermind of all of this lawsuit bullshit that went on for years.

But in any case, that's why i said "i'm surprised one of these people even showed up at a gig with Axl and the new band a couple of times...."

It really does surprise me.But then again Axl always got along with Duff, and he never really was able to get along with Slash.

And you know it was signed between legs of the tour how?...........were you there?...................come on Andre you used to be one of the biggest Axl critics on the forums and now you suddenly you are a defender of the faith? why the sudden flip?

And you know it was signed between legs of the tour how?...........were you there?...................come on Andre you used to be one of the biggest Axl critics on the forums and now you suddenly you are a defender of the faith? why the sudden flip?

Because i now know what happened.

Been talking to MSL i see ;)

The record was done in 3 years after he put together a new band which is about a year too long, it just took 6 more years to come out because of record co. issues and yes he did add some things to it when new members joined to let them have some time in.

Do you have any insight as to what the record company issues were? Because from the naked eye, it appears the label really wanted the album to come out. They were spending $250,000 a month on the project, they kept scheduling release dates that passed with nothing to show for them, they offered Axl an extra million on his advance for it to come out, finally got so frustrated that they cut off the funding in an effort to tell Axl it was done and release it already, etc....

Again from the outside, it looks like they REALLY wanted the album out. What were they doing that was making it so difficult for Axl?

Oh look. Regurgitation of shit that isn't important in the least from m.sl and their intelligent members.

Axl failed because of Axl. Deal with reality, bud.

Been talking to MSL i see ;)

He seems to think of himself as MSL's new protege after getting his ass handed to him over there.

Yeah sure you do mate........citation please or I call bullshit...........

I know what happened too. The classic lineup split up, Slash, Duff and a hired hand went on to form VR, then went solo, then grabbed another hired hand to play in KOK. Axl went through various hired hands and, for reasons nobody really cares about, took 14 years to release CD under the Guns name, he then went on to have a moderately successful touring career playing the music that he knew everybody wanted to hear. The end?

• Like 1

http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com/thread/10998/proof-slash-duff-lied-signing

Have a look at what really happened!

Includes the document of when they signed the rights to the name. Different dates, and they were not on tour, Which proves their version of the whole contract thing "signed under duress" and "Axl wouldn't play" theory complete horseshit.

You can't blame Axl for the break up just because it took so many years for Axl to release the new Guns Record. You don't know what happened behind the scenes, you don't know how much pressure Axl was in. You don't know what kind of strategy the record label was doing to try reunite him with the old guys. Rejecting albums, negotiations etc etc etc

Do you have any idea how much times the album was rejected by the record company (because for them, it didn't sound like a Classic Guns Record?). How much times do you think band members had to re-do their parts because they "needed" to make a more rock n' roll sounding record or because members would be out frustrated with the negotiations with the label, that wouldn't allow a release.

Do you know what kind of living hell Axl went through in all those court cases/lawsuits, while S and M tried to get the name back, tried to force a settlement for a reunion?

It's funny but that's what generally people don't look at. They just wanna go for the simple answer... hey Axl is a perfectionist and he's sick, or hey he proscrinated everything because he got rich and very lazy, or because he's crazy and bi-polar...

And when REAL FACTS come to the table, people just don't wanna believe in them, because they've been so corrupted with whatever story is going on from other versions or sometimes with their own stubborn line of thinkin', that i bet after this post, after Axl's version is proven to be the truth, there will still be people trying to protect Riad and his Bedouins and trying to come up with excuses to blame Axl for everything, just because he's not as active as people would like him to be.

Edited by AndreCC

http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com/thread/10998/proof-slash-duff-lied-signing

Includes the document of when they signed the rights to the name. Different dates, and they were not on tour, Which proves their version of the whole contract thing "signed under duress" and "Axl wouldn't play" theory complete horseshit.

You can't blame Axl for the break up just because it took so many years for Axl to release the new Guns Record. You don't know what happened behind the scenes, you don't know how much pressure Axl was in. You don't know what kind of strategy the record label was doing to try reunite him with the old guys. Rejecting albums, negotiations etc etc etc

Do you have any idea how much times the album was rejected by the record company (because for them, it didn't sound like a Classic Guns Record?). How much times do you think band members had to re-do their parts because they "needed" to make a more rock n' roll sounding record or because members would be out frustrated with the negotiations with the label, that wouldn't allow a release.

Do you know what kind of living hell Axl went through in all those court cases/lawsuits, while S and M tried to get the name back, tried to force a settlement for a reunion?

It's funny but that's what generally people don't look at. They just wanna go for the simple answer... hey Axl is a perfectionist and he's sick, or hey he proscrinated everything because he got rich and very lazy, or because he's crazy and bi-polar...

And when REAL FACTS come to the table, people just don't wanna believe in them, because they've been so corrupted with whatever story is going on from other versions or sometimes with their own stubborn line of thinkin', that i bet after this post, after Axl's version is proven to be the truth, there will still be people trying to protect Riad and his Bedouins and trying to come up with excuses to blame Axl for everything, just because he's not as active as people would like him to be.

Yeah sure because MSL has never been known to fabricate "the facts" before to suit his agenda............we have no way to verify this document is even genuine...did it ever make you think where exactly MSL got this document from?

What is this crap doing littered all through a Canter Banter thread? As someone that likes to read insightful commentary, this is the one section left largely untainted by the shit that flows freely through the rest of this place, Could we try to keep it that way? Is that so much to ask? :shrugs:

• Like 3

I know what happened too. The classic lineup split up, Slash, Duff and a hired hand went on to form VR, then went solo, then grabbed another hired hand to play in KOK. Axl went through various hired hands and, for reasons nobody really cares about, took 14 years to release CD under the Guns name, he then went on to have a moderately successful touring career playing the music that he knew everybody wanted to hear. The end?
hell yes, this sums up the whole story

we should close the forum now

Axl had the legal right to take the GNR name. Slash and Duff had the legal right to sue Axl and raise hell for him. If Axl didn't want legal troubles, he should not have quit the partnership and taken the name. If Slash and Duff were lying in interviews and books, Axl should have sued them for slander and libel.

The record company was correct in rejecting CD so many times. It doesn't sound like GNR. Axl could have avoided all these problems by using a different name.

Edited by powerwave
  • Like 1

Axl had the legal right to take the GNR name. Slash and Duff had the legal right to sue Axl and raise hell for him. If Axl didn't want legal troubles, he should not have quit the partnership and taken the name. If Slash and Duff were lying in interviews and books, Axl should have sued them for slander and libel.

The record company was correct in rejecting CD so many times. It doesn't sound like GNR. Axl could have avoided all these problems by using a different name.

Axl should have played the album live if he liked it so much. Thats not illegal. But no, he decided to throw in a few (arguably the best) songs and then tour behind decade old Guns songs he knew everyone wanted to hear. If he liked his album so much, he should have played. The record company thing is so stupid. Yeah, so what if they rejected it. They were probably right. But Axl really thought they were wrong he had so many other ways to get it out there. He's Axl fucking Rose, and I think a lot of you forget that fact. The whole world ISN'T out to fucking get him, no matter what anyone thinks, and the people that finally understand that live happy and successful lives. Who are those people? Slash, Duff, millions of level headed GNR fans. Those that don't? Well, they go on trying to defend this new lineup, when in reality if they were any good or creative, they wouldn't need to be defended.

• 2 weeks later...

i wonder if it was actually doug goldstein who really cooked up the whole "axl won't tour unless you sign" since he felt it would be better to manage axl rather than a bunch of (at the time) drugged degenerates who looked like they'd OD any day. I don't think Axl would've put them up against the wall like that, but his issues didn't exactly help make him look like an angel in this instance.