Guns N' Roses: The Greatest Rock Band Of All Time

st0n3r

A few more albums of high quality material and you could say they are in the top 5 GOAT. Just not a big enough body of work to really judge. Agreed with some of the points of the article, I'd say GNR is definitely one of the coolest bands of all time. The story alone is just fucking crazy in a good way.

They had a chance to be.

And for a 5 year period, they most certainly were.

But they don't have enough material to be considered the best of all time.

Which is a shame, because if Axl had chosen to share music with his fans over the past 16 years, I think we could still make a case for GnR to be the greatest rock band of all time. If he had released 3 or 4 albums instead of just one.

And really, is it possible to call a band the greatest rock band of all time when it's made up of guys like Dizzy Reed, Christ Pitman and DJ Ashba? They might be nice guys in real life, but what have they contributed to rock history?

• Like 2

Led Zeppelin anyone?

Thieves

Just because they got some riffs from other people doesnt mean they arent awesome musicians tho

They were amazing musicians. I used to think they were the best band of all time. Seeing all the songs where they didn't credit the original writers like whole lotta love, dazed and confused, stairway, etc, kinda tainted them for me.

Led Zeppelin anyone?

Thieves

Just because they got some riffs from other people doesnt mean they arent awesome musicians tho
They were amazing musicians. I used to think they were the best band of all time. Seeing all the songs where they didn't credit the original writers like whole lotta love, dazed and confused, stairway, etc, kinda tainted them for me.

They still transformed those songs so previously unimagined heights, so Zeppelin for president in my book.

Topic: well... The governments of yesterday were equaly as paranoid as those of today. They labeled NWA as dangerous too, but that's just cause they didn't realise it was just music so they didn't know how to deal with it. Just cause you got the Eye on you doesn't make you dangerous.

I'd pick a fight with young Jagger 10 times before I'd try something with Axl.

Led Zeppelin anyone?

Thieves

I get what you are saying.

But I don't think Elvis wrote anything, and lots of people consider him the greatest of all time. But can you name one "writer" that he used?

Led Zeppelin anyone?

Thieves

I get what you are saying.

But I don't think Elvis wrote anything, and lots of people consider him the greatest of all time. But can you name one "writer" that he used?

Leiber/Stoller. Only the second greatest writing duo.

Edited by luciusfunk

as much as i love guns n roses the fact that the original band put out very little albums and including the spaghetti incident this is complete shit, they are way more epic bands out there. the greatest rock badn of the 80's adn 90's ? probably . greatest of all time ? i don't think so .

Led Zeppelin anyone?

Thieves

They still transformed those songs so previously unimagined heights, so Zeppelin for president in my book.

Topic: well... The governments of yesterday were equaly as paranoid as those of today. They labeled NWA as dangerous too, but that's just cause they didn't realise it was just music so they didn't know how to deal with it. Just cause you got the Eye on you doesn't make you dangerous.

How dangerous can someone be if the world's watching them and someone's going to sue them for brawling?

Led Zeppelin anyone?

Thieves

I think the "Led Zep ripped off artists" is exaggerated. Robert Plant got no songwriting credit on the first album either.

Led Zeppelin anyone?

Thieves

How dangerous can someone be if the world's watching them and someone's going to sue them for brawling?

Led Zeppelin anyone?

Thieves

I think the "Led Zep ripped off artists" is exaggerated. Robert Plant got no songwriting credit on the first album either.

Led Zeppelin 1- Babe I'm Gonna Leave you, Dazed and Confused, black mountain side, how many more times, your time is gonna come. Led Zep 2- whole lotta love lyrics, the lemon song, living loving maid riff,moby dick riff, bring it in home. Led zeppelin 3- since I've been loving you lyrics, hats off to Roy Harper. Led Zep 4- stairway intro, misty mountain hop riff, drums on rock and roll. Physical graffiti- custard pie, in my time of dying, presence- nobodys fault but mine. So they did 'borrow' quite a bit. Still like them though.

Never thought of Stones as dangerous. Maybe cause they'd already become caricature by the time I got into music. Perhaps their audience in the early days, certainly not now though. They probably seemed pretty dangerous in comparison to the Beatles back then.

Uncertain diggity