Question about you, Axl, and Slash...

ZoSoRose

So in order to resolve his issues with you, Axl must first resolve his issues with Slash?

Do you feel that his feelings towards Slash will always inhibit his relationship with you?

Again, I ask this question with total respect. Why did you insist on discussing old GNR when Axl clearly preferred to discuss other things?

Edited by NGOG

Because old gnr was part of my life too. Axl plays most of the songs that old gnr put together so therefor he is still promoting it too.

Yes I think if he were to resolve his issues with slash, things would be better but he most likely would still feel that I was wrong to put out and promote things that have to do with slash when he was against it.

I knew that Axl didn't support the old band anymore and my book wouldn't be something that he would pick to be put out but I thought (and it turned out I was wrong) that he would still support me because it was my project. It's not like I was at his house and found a book that he put together him self and then took it and said I'm going to put it out. It was all my work and Axl knew what that meant to me. I'm still his friend if he needed me, he is the one who walked away. Its a free country and you can still pick who is your friend or not. enough has been said here about this and it's time to move on. There is really nothing I can do about it,there is pain on both sides and I'm in way too deep to turn back now.

Edited by recklessroad

Do you think Axl read Steven's book, or is it true that he actually didn't write most of it?

All of them had a ghost writer. They are musicians not writers. However Duff went to college so he took writing classes. That´s an advantage over Slash and Steven. So Duff was capable to add more writing to his book. So how it works? The ghost writer inteviewed and recorded on tape the stories they were telling. And he edited whatever draft they had written.

Thanks for that. I know what a ghost writer is but there was this whole thing that raised questions about how real the book was: http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/interviews.php

Oh that! I remember reading something similar on the matter. I don´t know what went on. Nor I know if some stories on Steven´s book are made up by him or other people

It seems like it might be true, but who knows? Do you have any insight, Marc? I know it talks about how used to give the band free food :drool: - I'm sure that's true!

Do you think Axl read Steven's book, or is it true that he actually didn't write most of it?

All of them had a ghost writer. They are musicians not writers. However Duff went to college so he took writing classes. That´s an advantage over Slash and Steven. So Duff was capable to add more writing to his book. So how it works? The ghost writer inteviewed and recorded on tape the stories they were telling. And he edited whatever draft they had written.

Thanks for that. I know what a ghost writer is but there was this whole thing that raised questions about how real the book was: http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/interviews.php

Oh that! I remember reading something similar on the matter. I don´t know what went on. Nor I know if some stories on Steven´s book are made up by him or other people

It seems like it might be true, but who knows? Do you have any insight, Marc? I know it talks about how used to give the band free food :drool: - I'm sure that's true!
I think the guy interviewed the shit out of Steven and then put together the book as if he was doing a very long magazine interview. Edited by recklessroad

Huh, interesting, thanks!

It's been the books, including yours, that have got me back into GNR. They were my favorite growing up. I've been out of the loop, but I remember that old Steven Adler website Brooke did, and actually kind of felt bad reading about all that he said happened. :shrugs:

Thanks for your time Marc, your section here really puts this site way above the rest IMO!

Because old gnr was part of my life too. Axl plays most of the songs that old gnr put together so therefor he is still promoting it too.

Yes I think if he were to resolve his issues with slash, things would be better but he most likely would still feel that I was wrong to put out and promote things that have to do with slash when he was against it.

I knew that Axl didn't support the old band anymore and my book wouldn't be something that he would pick to be put out but I thought (and it turned out I was wrong) that he would still support me because it was my project. It's not like I was at his house and found a book that he put together him self and then took it and said I'm going to put it out. It was all my work and Axl knew what that meant to me. I'm still his friend if he needed me, he is the one who walked away. Its a free country and you can still pick who is your friend or not. enough has been said here about this and it's time to move on. There is really nothing I can do about it,there is pain on both sides and I'm in way too deep to turn back now.

I don´t think Axl is playing the AFD songs because he is promoting the old band. He plays those songs because he must. Let´s face it. If the nu band only performe all the CD songs, a couple of covers and a couple of UYI songs while touring 99% of the audience would either walk away or fall sleep. CD and the nu band mean nothing for the casual rock fan and the majority of GN´R fans. And Axl knows it. But he can´t make a public statement admitting that, at least not right now. Neither CD nor the nu band are worthy of this mess we´ve been dealing with for the last 20 years.

• Like 1

If Axl only played 3 of the old hits the concerts would be half empty

The truth is 80-90% are coming for the hits and as long as Axl's plays them he can fill venues

Saying that I really dig Chinese Democracy but truth is most casual fans don't know the new songs.

The (US arenas) are already half empty as it is.....

If Axl only played 3 of the old hits the concerts would be half empty

The truth is 80-90% are coming for the hits and as long as Axl's plays them he can fill venues

Saying that I really dig Chinese Democracy but truth is most casual fans don't know the new songs.

The (US arenas) are already half empty as it is.....

Play there every year though so its to be expected.