Does the world need a new Johnny Rotten book?

dalsh327

Guest Len B'stard

Well he's written one that dealt with his time in The Pistols but all the work he's done since 1978/79 to the present day is really uncovered. There's not even that many solid books out about PiL, despite their being trumpeted as this massive influential thing so yeah, I'd say there was room, definitely. PiL Documentary in the making too :)

It's been promised us since 94 when the first one came out and it was limited to The Pistols era, two books in 20 years is hardly a lot, whatcha mean ANOTHER, like this is like, number 40 or something. Unless you could Mr Rottens Scrapbook but that weren't an actual biograpghy or anything, it was a collection of photographs...and there was only 900 or so of em made, it was like a little pet project, weren't really a book on mass release.

Two books in 20 years, having done what he's done really ain't a lot, fuck me there's celebrities out now that are like 19 and just won Pop Idol and before that were sweeping up at Costcos that've got books out. In fact, i been dying for a book that covers the PiL era, like absolutely gaggin' for it, Wobble released his book but that was kind of one mans story...there's another one out which is like a collection of articles thing but like, a PROPER PiL book, I'm chuffed to bits for it :)

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 2

I seem to recall that in 'No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs' his wife fried up some human shit to serve to a journalist. For me, that's something the new book will struggle to compete with, really.

If it focuses on music in the last 20 years and his opinion on the state of the world today, it could be a pretty good read. He gives entertaining interviews. Butter adverts, not so much.

Guest Len B'stard

I seem to recall that in 'No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs' his wife fried up some human shit to serve to a journalist. For me, that's something the new book will struggle to compete with, really.

Not to mention the wank sandwich they made for Glen Matlock :lol:

I once read a similar anecdote. He was having a tedious dinner with a bunch of execs; went to the toilet; returned to the dinner and said to one of the execs, 'here, I got you a present', producing a napkin with a turd inside. Fuckin disgusting man. I wonder if he discusses his experiences on I'm a Celebrity in this book?