Hannibal: Season 2

Black Sabbath

Now Will is a cannibal too. I guess it will be all up to Jack to try to stop both Will and Hannibal.

If Hannibal isn't renewed for next season, they better have a very good ending and put Hannibal in jail and Will back in the mental hospital.

I hate how that they've twisted all those characters so badly....

Chilton being shoot down (ultra stupid)

Will being a killer and cannibal (ultra stupid)

I think they just run out of ideas , pretty disapponted with recent developments.

I don't think Will is a killer, he has only killed two serial killers. I think Will and Jack are setting Hannibal up.

The journalist is being held captive until the plan is done and the meat was probably from that killer that tried to kill Will.

Will just killed that woman reporter last Friday and he and Hannibal ate her.

Will is getting sucked into Hannibal's world now.

I hope you are right about Will and Jack setting Hannibal up. although that woman reporter was way annoying too.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Edited by Val22

Don't know if I'll keep watching. It's becoming more and more meh and it feels like it's trying way too hard to be something it's not.

Same here

I used to get really excited for this show, but this is just plain boring now

There will be a season 3 and a season 4 :wow:

I really hope Hannibal kills that crazy brother of is patient.

I'm wondering if this is the same character that Gary Oldman played in one of the Hannibal movies.

I remember he had pigs too and tried to kill Hannibal but he got away and Hannibal ate his face while he watched. I'm hoping it is the same character because I can't stand him. He had doctors' perform an abortion on his own sister just so she wouldn't have an heir first and then had them perform a hysterectomy too.

Two more shows to go. I hope they catch Hannibal because it will set us next season's storylines where Hannibal escapes and leaves the country, but continues to kill and eat his victims. I wish they would tell the story on how he became a cannibal.

Wow! Last night's show was crazy. it was taken right out of the Red Dragon movie.

Hannibal was almost pig food, but Will saved him and Hannibal drugged that stupid rich guy and made him feed his face to Will's dogs. That' bothered me. Don't like animals abused in any way.

Next week is when Jack and Hannibal have their huge battle. Looks like the female doctor that Hannibal has been sleeping in walks in on it.

Can't wait to see how this season ends and so glad it's coming back next season.

So everyone's dad except Hannibal and his therapist.

I think NBC didn't think Hannibal would be renewed because that's not how the ending happened in the books.

Hannibal should have been captured and then escape later on and goes to Europe.

I just can't believe how 4 so called smart people got screwed by Hannibal in the end. I knew Will would screw up, but I was hoping Jack would catch Hannibal.

The ending was unreal, but I figured no one would outsmart Hannibal. The guy is unbelievable and has no feelings at all. He's like an intelligent killing machine.

I think NBC didn't think Hannibal would be renewed because that's not how the ending happened in the books.

I just can't believe how 4 so called smart people got screwed by Hannibal in the end. I knew Will would screw up, but I was hoping Jack would catch Hannibal.

The ending was unreal, but I figured no one would outsmart Hannibal. The guy is unbelievable and has no feelings at all. He's like an intelligent killing machine.

1. The show renewed. It's a fact

2. The guy with the pigs is way too overplayed

3. This ending is fucking epic, but considering how long they stretch this shit, this is just a diasppointment

4. Hannibal therapist is a damn fuckable MILF

1. The show renewed. It's a fact

2. The guy with the pigs is way too overplayed

3. This ending is fucking epic, but considering how long they stretch this shit, this is just a diasppointment

4. Hannibal therapist is a damn fuckable MILF

Seriously the pig guy almost ruined the entire season for me. A major joker ripoff, would have liked more Crawford in the last 4 eps prior to the finale tho. Felt if they took of the pig guy and added more cop related investigation, it would have been better.

Edited by MEXzilla

Well, the first half hour was kind of slow. I dvr'd it and sped up the commercials to make it go faster. lol

Yeah, the show is renewed, but I wonder if the powers that be knew that when they filmed the ending? It seems to me unless Will survives, there will be a whole new cast except for Hannibal and his therapist back next season.

I really think Jack bled out, but it's tv so who knows? the whole ending could be in Will's head like so many damn times during the season.

you just never know?

Okay, so Will is back and maybe Jack. Wow! I guess whoever finds them and does the surgery must be one hell of a doctor.

I wonder if the therapist who was pushed out the window is still alive? I was thinking since it was raining so hard, the ground might have been a little soft and maybe she too is alive.

Guess we'll find out next year. Hannibal is a mid season replacement, so it won't be back until 2015. I hope I remember the story by then. lol

There's talk that they are going to try to get Clarice Starling for season four. They don't have the rights to that character or any other that originated from Silence Of The Lambs. I hope they can do it.

There's talk that they are going to try to get Clarice Starling for season four. They don't have the rights to that character or any other that originated from Silence Of The Lambs. I hope they can do it.

I've been waiting for them to introduce her!

That's if they can get the rights. Hopefully so.

Finally decided to finish watching this entire series. Had a mega-marathon over the last few days and watched the 2nd half of season one all the way through to the final episode...which I will start soon. I decided I wanted to get through it all - not necessarily for the cliff-hanger aspect...this show has a few...but none that had me going "crazy" for the next episode. More to do with the fact that the show is so dark and I really can only handle so much of this type of "darkness" before it starts to affect my mood....so instead of dragging it out for weeks, figured get it all done in a few days.

Initial thoughts, without having watched the final episode of season 2 yet...is that the show deserves more attention from fans and critics alike. The cinematography is the best on broadcast television and rivals some of the best cinematography from HBO shows....even True Detective. The acting has also been excellent for the vast majority of the show....the directing has been between above average to excellent and the writing has been above average (lower 1/4 of episodes)....good (about half) to excellent (upper 1/4 of episodes).

Overall I think the show is somewhat underrated. Some have been comparing it to Bates Motel and I think this show has a slight edge in terms of overall quality....although I find Bates Motel easier to watch and follow on a weekly basis....it's a much lighter show. Almost Apples and Oranges, imo.

I think a closer comparison would be True Detective. Although there is a drop off in the overall writing "level" of Hannibal (longer season, more filler....more storyline....so it's to be expected)....I think as far as acting and cinematography goes, it compares favorably.

Off to watch the final episode...will come back for a final synopsis. ;)

Alright...just watched the final episode of season 2.

Maybe the producers of this show may not necessarily want it to get more attention...(like I previously had stated)........this has to be the goriest and bloodiest show in the history of network television. If too many people find out about it, I'm sure there would be enough complaints that they would have to, at the very least, "tone it down". This show would easily get an R rating if it were a movie....and that final episode may be in NC-17 territory for violence alone. They butcher people week after week....and really went crazy in the final. Ughh....I guess it is to be expected when watching a show about a cannibalistic serial killer.

My overall thoughts on the show stand....like I previously stated, I think it's somewhat underrated. But after watching that final episode, I can't help think to myself (like others have stated) that they may be going "overboard" with the blood, butchering, killings, dead bodies, body parts, organs...etc...etc...etc. This show has more gore than even the Saw films.