Skins (not the lame US ripoff)

username

I'm very late to the party with this show. But there isn't a thread about it here which is a disgrace. This is probably the best show I've seen in a while and by miles the best teen drama I've ever watched. I'm in the middle of season 6 now.

I think it's brilliant. There's a lot of character development and compelling story lines. I like how they work with generations (2 seasons per generation/cast). It's a peak into a group of people's lives. There's no real big climatic endings. Just a look into their lives. I think they're doing a fantastic job at making you care for characters. Even the ones you don't necessarily like (at first). They manage to show everybody from different angles and they make you relate to and like them in different ways. It's just really compelling.

Cassie was a very popular one from the first generation. But I really liked how the wrote a lot of other characters too. Emily and Naomi were really lovely in the second generation. But again, so were many other characters as well. I switched opinions on Cook a lot too. Still working my way through the third generation. I think the concept of Frankie is really interesting. But I've also read they kind of dropped the ball on that one. We'll see..

Any other fans of the show here?

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Hows a Grange Hill reference 'la di da'? :lol: Alls I mean it's just really patronisingly marketed 'vibrant new teen drama!' and other such platitudes. What does that mean anyway, 'vibrant', you hear it so much in reference to this kinda stuff that it leaves you wondering what it means.

Guest Len B'stard

You're right, this inconsistency will simply not do, i expect to be called a cunt with some degree of regularity, honestly, you're so unreliable it's untrue. Then again, being a northerner the only regular commitment you've ever fulfilled is signing on :lol:

You're right, this inconsistency will simply not do, i expect to be called a cunt with some degree of regularity, honestly, you're so unreliable it's untrue. Then again, being a northerner the only regular commitment you've ever fulfilled is signing on :lol:

Signing on? Northerner? Two words. "Snake" "Pit". :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

He ain't a scrounger though, he's due it, I mean who the fucks gonna give that scatty bastard a job, I would leave him to watch a jelly setting :lol:

First two seasons were brilliant. Second generation had a few interesting characters.. was watchable at least. Third generation was an abomination.

Generation 2 had some stupid moves, but the whole deal with Emily and Naomi alone made it worth it. And there was loads more interesting stuff too. If they hadn't done the Effy's therapist bit it'd have been hugely better as a generation.

I'm at S06E04 now and this whole season is an ordeal to sit through. <_< The characters are boring is fuck. Frankie as a character had HUGE potential and her strange sexual tension with Mini was great. But they just sort of...forgot about the whole thing and made both of them generic characters. I like the idea of Rich and Alo as well. They actually remind me a lot of some people I went to school with. But then they (the writers I guess) just... didn't make anything worthwhile happen. I kind of liked the whole childhood friendship deteriorating between Mini, Grace and Liv (although the latter really bores me) as well. That's also relatable. But it just went nowhere. Season 5 was meh but fixable, but season 6 is just stupidly boring and annoying. It just drops the ball on all fronts.

Edited by username