How do the price of tickets now compare with the AFD/UYI days?

I never attended either so I don't know. Hopefully some people have so they can lend their perspective. I remember when 2 quarter could get you coke out a coke machine and when a dime bag was really a dime.

I don't have my ticket for the GNR/Metallica/FNM tour any more, but I just looked at a NIN ticket from 1994 for comparison (i'm sure this was close the the GNR price)

$24 :rofl-lol:

smashing pumpkins from a bit later - $26.

Edited by nambis

I remember going down to get tickets for the Kiss Love Gun tour '77 and people were flipping the fuck out because prices had jumped to $7.50

Alice Cooper in London Ontario 1973 scalpers were getting ten bucks a ticket.

I don't have my ticket for the GNR/Metallica/FNM tour any more, but I just looked at a NIN ticket from 1994 for comparison (i'm sure this was close the the GNR price)

$24 :rofl-lol:

smashing pumpkins from a bit later - $26.

That's about $38 in 2014 money.

The thing is, everyone has gotten more expensive over the years. Since album sales are no longer considered a viable way to make money, bands look to touring as their main source of income. Less money on album sales means they need to charge more for concert tickets.

A little off topic but it's pathetic when I see people complain that local music is dead yet those same people won't go to the shows because they don't want to pay $5-10 to get in. And usually when you pay that money, you get 4-5 bands. It's a joke. Now me personally, I think a solid 99% of the local scene here sucks asshole, but I'd pay to see the remaining 1% that I think is worthy of being supported.

A little off topic but it's pathetic when I see people complain that local music is dead yet those same people won't go to the shows because they don't want to pay $5-10 to get in. And usually when you pay that money, you get 4-5 bands. It's a joke. Now me personally, I think a solid 99% of the local scene here sucks asshole, but I'd pay to see the remaining 1% that I think is worthy of being supported.

where are you from? I'm in Las Vegas and the local scene is pretty bad.
  • Like 1

Ugh, the Vegas scene is a joke. I just spent a month & a half out there. Shoulda went a week earlier I coulda caught Joan Jett at the Eastside Cannery, would have at least got a decent performance. Ron at Vamp'd was great though. Every thing else I tried to see locally...well, I'll be nice and not talk about it.

Ugh, the Vegas scene is a joke. I just spent a month & a half out there. Shoulda went a week earlier I coulda caught Joan Jett at the Eastside Cannery, would have at least got a decent performance. Ron at Vamp'd was great though. Every thing else I tried to see locally...well, I'll be nice and not talk about it.
It's all post hardcore or screamo music. All these bands think theyre badass, but there's no melody. Edited by Caught in a Coma

It's all post hardcore or screamo music. All these bands think theyre badass, but there's no melody.

Haha, yeah you basically summed it up...

n' KOMP swears by Adelita's Way. :vomit: