If Axl sold the name to a herd of cattle, would it still be GNR?

Now wait, just hear me out.

Many people (myself included) feel that this current abomination isn't GNR. GNR is the group from AFD and UYI.

But yes, legally, this group of people is called GNR.

So here's my question. Let's say Axl kicks the bucket or loses his mind and sells the name GNR to a rancher, who then uses that name for a herd of cattle. He puts bandanas and such on the cattle and charges people $5 to come see GNR, whee the cattle stand on stage while Beta and Del play AFD songs through an iPod.

Is is still GNR at that point? I'm trying to understand at what point we can all finally say that this farce is not GNR. It's an emotionally-immature man who handed over control of his legacy to a group of leeches.

But fine, yes. This is GNR. DJ, Frank, Tommy, etc. They are GNR. Fine.

Now wait, just hear me out.

Many people (myself included) feel that this current abomination isn't GNR. GNR is the group from AFD and UYI.

But yes, legally, this group of people is called GNR.

So here's my question. Let's say Axl kicks the bucket or loses his mind and sells the name GNR to a rancher, who then uses that name for a herd of cattle. He puts bandanas and such on the cattle and charges people $5 to come see GNR, whee the cattle stand on stage while Beta and Del play AFD songs through an iPod.

Is is still GNR at that point? I'm trying to understand at what point we can all finally say that this farce is not GNR. It's an emotionally-immature man who handed over control of his legacy to a group of leeches.

But fine, yes. This is GNR. DJ, Frank, Tommy, etc. They are GNR. Fine.

They could get $10 per ticket if the cows are wearing ASHBASWAG and $20 for party passes to meet the cows.

Having this discussion in 2014 should be outlawed. Whatever it is, it stopped being good in 2011. It is GNR. You don't have to like it. Or you could join most of the population and not care.

You added nearly 20 years to when most people stopped caring there Broski :lol:

The name printed on my ticket is GUNS N' ROSES.

Ali

• Like 1

Having this discussion in 2014 should be outlawed. Whatever it is, it stopped being good in 2011. It is GNR. You don't have to like it. Or you could join most of the population and not care.

You added nearly 20 years to when most people stopped caring there Broski :lol:

No I didn't. Most people never cared to begin with.

This ain't GN'R. That band died in 1996. Don't kid yourself. I'll never recognize that this is a legitimate version of GN'R for the fact that Axl refuses to take the bull by the horns (pun intended in this case?) and do something productive. A Vegas lounge, nostalgia act is not productive by any means.

• Like 1