significance of Axl's Deep Purple t-shirt in Estranged

Since Estranged is such a well thought-out video, to the point of quoting a dictionary, why did Axl choose to wear that Deep Purple t-shirt? Any info? Not that he has ever before or after shown his affection to that particular band. Trying to make a connection between his song and some of other long rock anthems, such as Pictures of home?

Sometimes, I think of songs or movies or videos as a certain color. Before the video was made, Estranged always seemed predominantly dark grey/purple to me (think Danzig's III: How the God's Kill album). The DP shirt seems fitting (assuming there actually was intent, as you're theorizing) because 1) it's got the purple in it, and 2) "DEEP," like the deep ocean Axl jumps into.

Sometimes, I think of songs or movies or videos as a certain color. Before the video was made, Estranged always seemed predominantly dark grey/purple to me (think Danzig's III: How the God's Kill album). The DP shirt seems fitting (assuming there actually was intent, as you're theorizing) because 1) it's got the purple in it, and 2) "DEEP," like the deep ocean Axl jumps into.

LOL

I never expected anyone to come up with a serious answer.

• Like 2