The Crazy Ones (this one hurts, I really liked the show)

OK, I've got a story to share with you all that is kind of cool. A good friend of mine worked directly on this show, and even wrote some lines for Robin Williams. He was just a PA but he was still in the heart of all the production stuff. Two months ago I flew to LA to join him for the show's wrap party - the guest list included Josh Groban, Adriana Lima and other celebrities who appeared on the show, so of course I was stoked. I even ended up going to set with him for three days during post-production and within being there five minutes Sarah Michelle Gellar walked into the office. She was about five feet from me and when I turned to see who she was talking to it was David E Kelly (creator of Ally McBeal, married to Michelle Pfeiffer). It was way cool. Surreal. I was hanging out talking to this guy in the office and after he walked away my friend whispered to me, "He was one of the lead writers for Arrested Development." Instant nerdgasm.

The post production party... I expected some big event where the celebrities are cordoned off in a separate VIP section, but they literally just rented out the first story of an intimate bar in downtown LA, so i'm not exaggerating when I say i was shoulder-to-shoulder with celebs. I have so many epic stories but I probably will never post them online because I don't really want them in print. It's the sort of thing though, where I saw SOO many LA/Hollywood cliches going on in one room that I almost felt like I was on a TV show or something. Me and my buddy got there as some of the first people, and about 15 minutes after arrival as I was sucking down a Jack n' Coke, Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr walked in, sat down right in front of me on a sofa. I also got to meet the dude who played Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore. I avoided mentioning Happy Gilmore but I was drunk, and I'm a huge Midnight Run fan, so I did immediately blurt out to him that Jack Walsh is the coolest character ever, and I think he was kind of surprised by that and I got him telling me stories of how he got duped into appearing in the series (it was planned as a TV show and was cut into three made-for-TV movies last second or something, I can't remember exactly).

One of the best experiences of my life and I'll never forget it. I'm kind of sad the show got canceled because now my friend's out of a job.