June 5th Rolling Stone art- Chinese 2 talk

I'm delighted, and I think you'll see it sooner rather than later. With the song Soul Monster on it, vocals recorded Christmas Eve years ago, I have a real warm holiday feeling about this!

Remember something, as it's so easy to forget the good, this isn't the Axl of 2001 who didn't really want to do anything. He's been playing steadily since 2006, that's 8 years. All off one album that actually did come out came 2 years later. He's done fuckin tv shows, 2 of em, he's toured the planet 6 times or something... including right now. No one can seriously be crying the 'Axl doesn't do anything' tune, anymore, not now. 95-05 with the broken tours and turnover, hell yeah, maddening for any real fan. Since 06, no.

So, we're finally gonna hear NEW TRACKS!! Wake up! And the remix don't sound too bad either.

Edited by axlskAmpf
  • Like 1

We'll probably see new songs this year as mentioned on here (maybe an EP of a couple of originals and a couple of covers) and a new album sometime next year. The gap between Civil War and UYI being released was 14 months and it wasn't a single. With the concert DVD coming out, the label and artist had to come together for that, so maybe new music was discussed. I think the next album will be handled better and Axl will be doing more to promote it.

Well, I can say I've been noticing some buzz in the media for quite some time now. Don't you feel the same?

He's been making it to the news in the last months, whether it is that Greatest Singers Chart, or him quitting it all, the DVD release, SA tour, Vegas residency, the Golden Gods.... its not like other years when we barely heard of him. So I guess this buzz may be the wind before the storm, lol :P

Usually ground for launch gets prepared like this. I really hope he releases something other than the DVD this year. But yeah, I won't put my hopes too high, will just wait and see. :)

I think he'll be able to keep the lineup intact with new music. If he doesn't, it's going to play a part in the delays (again), but when I read "confirmed", it's a bad idea to take that as a confirmed new album, because people are going to start making up rumored release dates and "inside sources" stuff, or people claiming to have bootlegs of the new stuff.

There's still people holding onto what's left of the leaks, so they should either put them out now or after the new music's out. The worst thing to do is put it out while they're working on the new music, because it's going to be an excuse to delay what GNR's working on.

I think CDII will see the light of day in an official capacity at some point (and not in a Michael Jackson Xscape type of way). I mean, yeah, it's tough to envision CDII as a real thing and finally getting to see the artwork/etc, but the recent rumblings have made me optimistic. If CD happened then so can CDII, too.

Now we're talkin', that's the spirit! I see it, he'll even come back here around Dec 14 again to say hi, watch out! Seriously, though, ya really never know. His mood and overall vibe has been mellow and happy lately, the new place on Lake of Tranquility lane has done wonders. It's great to see, really is, I feel a new writing burst coming on after he released cd 2, and in this mood we might get something everyone likes!

...but I get ahead, just the old unheard's will do great for now.

Edited by axlskAmpf

It's good that the media is doing this. They haven't really since the album 6 years ago. It's been reviews of their nostalgia tour, but I don't really remember many getting behind a second album. Hopefully more and more pick up those quotes so we get a rabble rabble rabble of new album shit. Generate more interest.

Remember something, as it's so easy to forget the good, this isn't the Axl of 2001 who didn't really want to do anything.

Axl of 2001 - recording new, original music and unveiling such songs to his fans

Axl of 2011-2014 - endless touring while milking the very albums he sought to make people forget all about as he slowly backs away from what he has created as Guns N' Roses

Axl of 2001 wanted to do a lot and moved at a reasonable pace at the time. The Axl of today kinda sorta maybe wants to do something over a span of who knows when.

OMG is this real, like are those Axl quotes actually real ? and did this story really just come out on the 5th ? This is like the most hopeful news in a while, I'm actually getting a little giddy.

So we may finally get to hear more of the Chinese era material sweeet. But on that topic, I really hope Axl releases ALL the CD era material that he has made, it would really suck to end up getting only 10-15 more songs when I'm sure there was much more than that. I'm still puzzled why people don't look into Sebastian Bach's words more about him telling his stories years back when Axl played him all those songs on those 2 different occasions. I want to hear when he heard.

On a side note, that hour long Axl reggae video made me laugh lol.