Maleficent

Bono

I just saw this the other night and LOVED it. I was really looking forward to Snow White and the Huntsman and although it was good it was a bit disappointing. First with the casting of Kristen Stewart as Snow White even though she wasn't as bad as I thought she'd be, and then with the fact they rushed the movie completely and could've easily done that story over the course of two movies. Parts of it were great but overall it was just ok.

Maleficent on the other hand was fantastic from start to finish. It was everything Snow White could've been. I'm not a fan of Angelina Jolie but she was amazing as Maleficent. She was born for this role and nailed it. Actually even the girl who played the young Maleficent was really good. My only complaint really was that the actor who played the King was terrible. I think he was the main character in District 9 but I'm not sure. The movie was really short at just barely over 90 minutes long but it works really well, especially with the narration in the beginning. The special effects were great too and the music was amazing. Especially the music that accompanies Maleficent when she's pissed off. It was on the level of the Imperial March that accompanies Darth Vader in the sense of how it creates mood and atmosphere.

I'd highly recommend this movie and it's one of the few movies lately along with Edge of Tomorrow, that I'd say is worth seeing in 3D and definitely on the big screen.

Also the twist at the end of this movie was WAY BETTER than the original story. It was so much cooler to have true love's kiss be that of Maleficent rather than some random prince. It's more believeable and more touching. Also the way Maleficent turns to become "evil" was perfect. She's actually the good guy in this movie and the evil one is the King and when he steals her wings you just absolute hate that fucker. It made so easy to sympathize and understand Maleficent's position and it made you really think "oh fuck she's pissed and people are fucked" and as I mentioned the music that accompanied her was unreal.

Yeah I went to see it with work the other day. It's not something I would've ever gone to see myself, but I was pleasantly surprised. Angelina Jolie is brilliant as Maleficent. I actually liked it so much I tried to get the missus to come and see it with me but she wasn't having any of it. Probably worried that I'd turned into a big Nancy.

Haha! She's missing out for sure. It's actually a LOT darker than I expected. In fact when watching it I was thinking holy crap this would actually be scary for little kids. Just the way the

transformation of Maleficent takes place. Its' so sad and as a viewer you feel that sadness and betrayal and then her transformation is so dark and chilling yet you understand it and feel for her and want her to kick some ass
Great movie. Maybe the best live action adaptation from a cartoon I've seen. Especially such a classic one too.

Yeah, I also liked how there was no clear-cut villain or hero, that was a pretty cool spin.

Wasn't entirely convinced that Fanning girl should've played Aurora though. Not being an ass, but isn't Sleeping Beauty supposed to be a real stunner?? That Fanning girl was average looking at best and also played the part a bit too ditzy.

I went to see this with my kids at half term. Thought it was great, even my 13 year old son liked it (he initially thought it would be rubbish).

It even passes the Bechdel test. Jolie was brilliant in it, I've not particularly been a fan previously but she was really good.