Killer obsessed with Civil War

Man, people taking albums or songs and seeing them as predictors of an apocalyptic event is just ridiculous. Can you imagine if someone took Use Your Illusion I & II or Chinese Democracy and made up some alleged prophecy these predicted, then murdered a bunch of people because of it, ala Charles Manson and the White Album? Oh my God. I think I know what I want to do with my life now...

Roam the streets throwing spaghetti at people. And then, just like the song "Attitude" tells me, I'll act like a real ass while doing it, until someone eventually strikes me (with a guitar) and things will escalate from there. I don't really know what to, but it'll do it.

Bring back asylums, electroshock therapy, and lobotomies?

The mom was 2 divorces in when she lived with her partner, and he was abused by his stepdad. He isolated himself sometime in his teens. The fact that she's a Ph.D and did a lot of talks makes it sound like she spent a lot of time traveling around. I keep looking at how the parents raised the kid and what they dealt with growing up as what causes this shit, as well as medication that they have to be monitored on and possibly on for the rest of their lives, because when they run out, or they feel "better" and take themselves off of it, they're intelligent enough to fool people that they're okay. That's the thing - they can bury it up to a point before their inner "Molly Hatchet" comes out.

I see it as a boiling point and a point of no return. Tired of being a nobody, tired of being pushed around. Their sense of reality's warped because they had to isolate themselves to protect themselves. That kid who shot up the school in Santa Barbara, I read the manifesto and it wasn't really delusional, just a really sad kid who became more and more angry and frustrated the older he got, and again, it went back to the parents creating the situation. He couldn't grow out of it and "man up", he focused on lines in a song and this sucks for Duff and Axl to have any sort of association with this incident. He could have focused on a TV show the same way. It could have been a Beatles song, or even a song with no lyrics to it.

Band obsession? No. The lines in a song. Anyone who read Catcher was identifying with what was written and a character. It must have made Salinger sick that what he wrote as a young man had influenced someone who read the book to do something horrible. It wasn't like Caulfield massacred anyone, he was an angry teenager who couldn't deal with the way things were, and either he ended up at an asylum or got therapy and had a menial job, depending on how you want to interpret the ending.

The guy who played drums on Layla did the same thing to his mother, because he had a long drug history and heard voices in his head, and people who knew him said he was a nice guy. He won't go to parole because he feels he's better off behind bars, even though the royalty money could assure him good medical treatment at home, but he could trick someone into not taking his meds, where he's now forced to take them.

Edited by dalsh327

I remember a guy in Florida had killed his wife and they found out he had been listening to Used To Love Her before it happened.

I think he was listening to it right after on his computer and they used that against him in court.

"During a conversation two days before his death Ms Weston told Alex his brother was “at crisis point” and had stopped taking his medication and she was trying to get him help.

He said his brother had long been obsessed with a small section of lyrics from Guns ’n Roses song Civil War and would play that part of the song over and over while laughing and giggling.

A note in Nick’s handwriting, with the lyrics on it was found at the murder scene, the court heard.

“The billions shift from side to side/ and the wars go on with brainwashed pride/ for the love of God and our human rights/ and all these things are swept aside/ by bloody hands time can’t deny/ and are washed away by your genocide,” it read.

Defence lawyer Rochelle Mainwaring told the jury her client’s mental state was central to the trial."

Source: http://www.themercury.com.au/news/scales-of-justice/court-hears-chilling-call-to-police-ive-got-two-bodies-here/story-fnj8cre7-1226956622063

"He would play a 10, 20-second segment of the song ... for hours on end, laughing, giggling,"
Read more at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/06/16/14/46/wa-academics-killer-insane-court-hears#q6QwSV0kd2rDWeed.99