CD 1 2 & 3...

If I had around 50 NuGnR songs in such a short period of time, I'd be NuGNR #1 supporter. GH touring and 15 songs in 2 decades made me lose all the respect and passion. Joke band is a joke.

Well, your constant bashing of the band is very passionate :shrugs:

Nah... it's just for the shits and giggles. If you consider it passionate maybe you're..... surprise, surprise..... taking my posts too seriously. Also, the "constant bashing" would soon turn to praising if this band did something I could enjoy. Don't be a fool. I wouldn't be here if I weren't interested in the future somehow.

The point about Metallica was only that if they focused on 'where the money was coming from' they too would just tour the classic material that the majority of casual fans want to hear, and not bother with recording. But instead they continue to release new music, because that's what bands do.

To construe guns as being business-smart by endlessly touring their old, more popular material is to (at least partly) misrepresent the truth. Guns are in this situation because of two things. First & foremost, there's Axl's reluctance/inability to deliver new material. And then there's gnr's killer back catalogue, always there to be performed, and written by a bunch of guys Axl personally blames for his artistic insecurities.

Only in the twisted world of gnrland do fans re-cast this farce by putting it all down to guns' sharp business sense.

• Like 2

I do not know either. I suppose in a given year, I am only going to see a certain number of bands, and if a band like Metallica have released material I did not like, then I would choose another band over them.

It's like, I liked The Vaccines first album and I saw them twice during that period, but I hate the second album, and I am not planning on seeing them anytime soon

As a casual fan, bands releasing albums affects who I go to see at any given point in time. There are obviously some exceptions, but those exceptions are the bands I really like

It is the first time I have thought about Metallica for a long time. Their first few albums were amazing. I might dig out their greatest hits

I got back into The Cult again recently too. Their 2012 album was actually really good, and again, they are back on the list of bands I want too see again

So your entire theory is based on whether or not the latest album a band released is "good" or not.

By saying that GnR shouldn't release another album and should just focus on touring, you are basically saying that you don't believe GnR is capable of releasing a quality album in the future.

You didn't type those words, but that is what you are implying.

And there is nothing wrong with releasing an album and only playing a couple songs off of it live. Or if the album bombs, not playing any songs off of it.

Tour attendance is not going suffer greatly if Axl releases CD2.

Guns have 30 million fans generally, and 3000 fans online who post about new albums

If you are in GN'R , you have to focus on where the money is coming from.

It is fine talking about three new albums (including CD), but it has to happen in a manner which is profitable to the band.

some bands have a pretty radical idea, that includes releasing new music AND playing shows with big hits. it is quite shocking i know.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I think from Axl and nugnr position they couldnt be that indulgent as much as I wanted them to put out a trilogy, the industry dictates it with the Best buy deal. In a way Axl shafted BB by not really talking about the other material. If the old guys and stuck it out for 10 years writing recording then they would have been in a position to say here's 3 records were going to top UYI. And it would have been mega.

But Axl from his underdog position had nada. But I think they can crawl it back by releasing CD II then finishing CD III with Dj and Ron songs. Like if the hold back the General and Soul Monster for the third record it's going to the biggest blue balls of all time in rock history.

Edited by wasted

I do not know either. I suppose in a given year, I am only going to see a certain number of bands, and if a band like Metallica have released material I did not like, then I would choose another band over them.

It's like, I liked The Vaccines first album and I saw them twice during that period, but I hate the second album, and I am not planning on seeing them anytime soon

As a casual fan, bands releasing albums affects who I go to see at any given point in time. There are obviously some exceptions, but those exceptions are the bands I really like

It is the first time I have thought about Metallica for a long time. Their first few albums were amazing. I might dig out their greatest hits

I got back into The Cult again recently too. Their 2012 album was actually really good, and again, they are back on the list of bands I want too see again

So your entire theory is based on whether or not the latest album a band released is "good" or not.

By saying that GnR shouldn't release another album and should just focus on touring, you are basically saying that you don't believe GnR is capable of releasing a quality album in the future.

You didn't type those words, but that is what you are implying.

And there is nothing wrong with releasing an album and only playing a couple songs off of it live. Or if the album bombs, not playing any songs off of it.

Tour attendance is not going suffer greatly if Axl releases CD2.

Guns have 30 million fans generally, and 3000 fans online who post about new albums

If you are in GN'R , you have to focus on where the money is coming from.

It is fine talking about three new albums (including CD), but it has to happen in a manner which is profitable to the band.

some bands have a pretty radical idea, that includes releasing new music AND playing shows with big hits. it is quite shocking i know.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Groghan,

I was thinking of a hyperthetical situation whereby Guns released a trilogy in a short period of time. I was applying it to friends I know who are more casual fans knowing how they think, and I was thinking of my own experiences as a casual fan of other bands.

It is pie in the sky chatter, that's all

But now a trilogy is a commercial idea. Look at Green day UNO dos tres? In this market now it's not a bad idea to release 3 albums in quick succession. It's not a Coppola move. What Axl did with CD was the Apocalypse Now of Rock. Take 14 years to make 1 record.

I'd turn CD II and Remix into two albums. And release them a year apart with Rom throwing punches in bars on tour across SA.

But now a trilogy is a commercial idea. Look at Green day UNO dos tres? In this market now it's not a bad idea to release 3 albums in quick succession. It's not a Coppola move. What Axl did with CD was the Apocalypse Now of Rock. Take 14 years to make 1 record.

I'd turn CD II and Remix into two albums. And release them a year apart with Rom throwing punches in bars on tour across SA.

The Green Day trilogy was a disaster

I think the distance between CD and what follows is not a bad thing in some regards. I think what was a disaster was the promotion for CD, and I hope a better package can be put together by the record company for the next release.

Where does Axl stand videos? Does he want them or is he really not into it any more?

Were Dos and Tres overlooked. I just think they had an impact for a year GD were big again. It was another peak.

I have no idea about Axl and his stance on videos. One would presume a band would want to promote their album in whatever way possible.

I thought the GD trilogy came about because they lost a master track of some old unreleased songs, had a bad experience with that, so they decided to release all their reject songs in this trilogy so the situation could never happen again. Again, I could be wrong, just what I heard from friends and what they have read elsewhere

So they had a back log. That doesn't sound good, it's a bit like UYI. Here's all the stuff we have.

I just thought they had one disc that was power pop, one more rock, one more opera? So fans of each era could get something. I didn't realise it was just b sides market.

I just think CD needs to be a trilogy and it needed videos. I just saw someone say Axl thinks those old videos are cheesy. So now he would have done more minimalist videos or he's just letting fans make them.

I just think CD needs to be a trilogy

All that has been lost

There were great plans for a trilogy of releases, there were great promotional plans, riddles, forum things, more forum based concerts, countdown clocks to unknown events. It was said even the Chinese lettering at concerts were riddles in their own right

It all disappeared in the blink of an eye.

As CDs now just promo tour I guess that a lot of releases just boost the tour. The album is now like a poster which plays music.

It's probably smart for Axl to go against that and make great albums that get the ful attention they deserve.