Evil Within

wasted

• 3 weeks later...

Waited over 2 hrs in line at Pax to play the 1st 30 mins. Really cool and picking this up for sure on 10/14.

Was cool Bethesda had a booth for promotion where you could get your headshot profile taken and they insert your face into the box art.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

What's the gameplay like, is it more hide n shit yourself? Or is some combat?

You can engage in combat any time, but you'll have limited ammo and much will be wasted as it takes a perfect headshot or setting the bodies on fire to kill them(so mostly the latter). I did a brain puzzle which was cool.

If you're into survival horror, the game is gonna deliver the goods. But will it be good vs. great? Only 4 more days to find out...

I have it.

Unfortunately, it is indeed "Hostel" the game with very dated gameplay and story telling.

Oh and it looks terrible too.

Huge letdown, was psyched for this but passed on it and will wait for big drop in price. Got Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros on deck.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

It's a fun game, but to be honest, past the first chapter, it's basically your run of the mill survival horror game. The monsters aren't really scary, grossly modeled and drop bullets like candy. Less jump scares than anticipated, so that's good, but the gore factor is over the top. Even the first chapter had that detractor, but it actually used it to a pretty good effect, I think. Everything past that was "Okay, you can hide, but we encourage you to shoot the hell out of these things."

Still though, it is fun and the story's interesting so far.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend loves it he plays it on nightmare. I got watch dogs which is ok if bored of GTA but I think Evil is a lifestyle type game. If you go all in its great.

I got Ridgeracer Unbounded and Army of 2 Devils Cartel for the arcade Xmas mash up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...