Battlefield 4 rises from the dead.

Truth be told, even after it's shocking launch state and mass number of gamers migrating to different games, the core community stuck with it. It never truly died in my opinion. I had a lot of fun myself. In fact, when stable which it was on console for the most part it was arguably my favourite recent game and easily my most played of 2014. I don't dare check the time played stat.

For those of you unaware, DICE have been pretty cool and respectful about how the game launched and what was intended for the future, so much so they created "cte" community test environment - a build of the game where all updates and changes could be made in preparation for the update on all platforms. The build itself was only on pc. Specifically it was about what the community wanted. The complaints addressed and bugs fixed.

Just days ago the CTE patch went live on all platforms. The game is back. EVERYTHING has been changed, it feels awesome!

Is anyone else enjoying Battlefield 4 2.0?

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-fall-update-now-live/

List of changes, it doesn't detail it all but all of the big ones, it's a complete overhaul.

Most notable: Movement speed dramatically improved, barely any screen shake, visual recoil largely reduced. Numerous tweaks to the netcode.

It runs like BF3 now. Check out vidoes on youtube if you like, better still, if you still have the game installed log in and see the difference for yourself.

Edit: All weapons have been changed, they're all usable now. Grenade spam is no longer a thing, either.

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-fall-update-now-live/

List of changes, it doesn't detail it all but all of the big ones, it's a complete overhaul.

Most notable: Movement speed dramatically improved, barely any screen shake, visual recoil largely reduced. Numerous tweaks to the netcode.

It runs like BF3 now. Check out vidoes on youtube if you like, better still, if you still have the game installed log in and see the difference for yourself.

Edit: All weapons have been changed, they're all usable now. Grenade spam is no longer a thing, either.

I haven't played BF4 in at least 6 months; partly because of the bugs/lack of care by DICE (though it was EA's fault), but if that's all fixed I'll have to try it out.

• 7 months later...

Yeah it's definitely much better than release, but there are still issues. I've been playing a decent amount lately, if anyone plays on PC and wants to squad up send me a PM. (I really only play hardcore though)

wanna play bf3?

Yeah it's definitely much better than release, but there are still issues. I've been playing a decent amount lately, if anyone plays on PC and wants to squad up send me a PM. (I really only play hardcore though)

wanna play bf3?

Eh, don't even have it installed any more.