Alien Isolation

Turn_It_Up

Anyone playing this? I played a short demo(10 mins) back in early September and very atmospheric.

Reviews all over the place with IGN and Gamespot dinging it the hardest, but many other sites giving it 80's and 90's. Definitely a big stealth survival game and not a FPS, so seems to be 1 of those types of games some will get immersed into and love while others may find it tedious and too difficult.

Tempted to pick this up, but think I'll play Evil Within 1st...

I have it and played it for two and a half hours so far.

It's a good game. The beginning feels rushed and kinda awkward ( the first hour or so ) but once you run into the first androids, it gets very stressful.

It can be frustrating as it is indeed a rather punishing game, but the atmosphere is nicely rendered, the art direction is great ( even though the graphics, even on pc, aren't that good ), and you actually feel like a prey, which is nice for a change.

I like the idea of it. I like stealth games like Double Agent or Dishonored. But nothing as nut crushing as Dead Souls although I was addicted for a day. Maybe Hitman Absolution is the way to go.

I might pick this up as it sounds interesting, immersive.

even though the graphics, even on pc, aren't that good ),

really?? with the lowest settings on my PC i think they look fantastic. maybe i'm still too used to last-gen gaming. i haven't played xbone yet or ps4. but i thought they looked photo-realistic, especially the way your character changes point of view/perspective to focus on things in foreground and background (motion tracker, etc.).

i like the game so far, but i can see why some people are having issue with it. i love the idea of moving away from the arcade shoot-'em-up style of colonial marines, but they almost took it too far to the opposite spectrum, to the point where it can be described as boring and repetitive. i fear after the initial wow factor of the alien disappears (i'm three hours into the game) it will become grating, and i already hate the androids.

but i admire what they're trying to do here and so far i'm enjoying it (mostly /newt).

i DO love the first two AvP games and thought they did a great service to the mythology of the species for both worlds, but they definitely ran with the james cameron interpretation of the creature, including making them look like little bugs, so it's cool to see someone paying homage more to the frightening sexual imagery of ridley scott's beast.