If Slash/Duff Didnt Sign Over the GNR Name, Would Axl Really No-Show at the Concerts?

The GN'R name means nothing? Then how is it that Axl is still making a killing off of it today with a band that realistically shouldn't be able to draw a dime?

It means something to someone that only cares about milking the brand and not worried about creating music.

Just like they've said: What good is the name if you don't have the band. Axl was and is the only person that cares about holding the GNR name. Suing over royalties doesn't change that aspect a bit. They are two completely different issues.

Oh, I see. Nobody cares about the name or money except for Axl. Got it.

Again, do you have ANYTHING that shows Slash and Duff want the name for themselves? Still waiting........

I agreed with you and you're still sitting there waiting? Quite frankly rusty, your blind fanboyism bores me. If you say money and names don't matter to anybody I'm going to let you continue on believing it, because what you believe honestly doesn't matter to me. Have fun with it. We can't argue like it's Attitude anymore so you can no longer provide me with the entertainment that you used to. I have less use for you than Slash does the name. So enjoy believing whatever you wish to believe. I have no desire to disprove you no matter how easy or difficult it might be.

Well then thank you for making an even stronger case for my point because had it happened the way they said it did they surely would have. And won. You're a swell guy sometimes.

What? They never cared about the name which is why they signed it over in the first place. They don't care. That's not proof of anything except the fact that they do not care.

You seriously believe that?

Shouldn't he believe the people involved in the situation over a dude on the internet who has some weird obsession with hating on an old guitar player?

Adler appears to be the only band member who hasn't gotten over his departure from Guns. Duff, Izzy and Slash have all moved on with their lives and careers.

You call them "stupid" for signing over the name. Maybe they were happy to be out of that band and to not have to deal with Axl's constant BS anymore.

What you keep doing is akin to the guy who can't believe his friend divorced his hot wife. You are caught up in how "pretty and hot" the wife is, but ignoring that he ex-husband might have been miserable with her because of her attitude.

You might think Slash/Duff are stupid. But if they are happy with what they did and with their decisions.............then our opinion on it really doesn't mean much. If Slash and Duff are happy, that's really all that matters.

Well then thank you for making an even stronger case for my point because had it happened the way they said it did they surely would have. And won. You're a swell guy sometimes.

What? They never cared about the name which is why they signed it over in the first place. They don't care. That's not proof of anything except the fact that they do not care.

Shouldn't he believe the people involved in the situation over a dude on the internet who has some weird obsession with hating on an old guitar player?

Adler appears to be the only band member who hasn't gotten over his departure from Guns. Duff, Izzy and Slash have all moved on with their lives and careers.

You call them "stupid" for signing over the name. Maybe they were happy to be out of that band and to not have to deal with Axl's constant BS anymore.

What you keep doing is akin to the guy who can't believe his friend divorced his hot wife. You are caught up in how "pretty and hot" the wife is, but ignoring that he ex-husband might have been miserable with her because of her attitude.

You might think Slash/Duff are stupid. But if they are happy with what they did and with their decisions.............then our opinion on it really doesn't mean much. If Slash and Duff are happy, that's really all that matters.

Tldr.

Learn to listen Rusty, you asked for one. There are plenty of stories out there about them wanting to fire him when recording was taking place for the Illusions as well. But you're right. Why would they care about the biggest thing they would ever be a part of. It is completely common sense that they don't. Nobody would.

You're grasping. No one said they didn't care about being a part of GNR. They sued for royalties. They have never claimed to care about the name. What you are talking about has NOTHING to do with this phantom lawsuit over the name that you seemed to think happened.

Suing for royalties or considering an outsider's suggestion to fire an erratic singer that is putting your band at risk with his behavior = they wanted the name and they can't get it because they're liars!

I know, while chilling under MSL's umbrella of horseshit you too bought into that story about how their claims are baseless but just so you know, his whole argument regarding this is baseless.

You claim to despise Axl fans as well but you're sounding JUST like them.

:lol: You say I'm sounding like a blind fanboy while claiming that people just signed over the biggest thing they will ever be a part of because they didn't care? That's.... yeah. Have fun with that.

But that's really what is just important to you personally.

Maybe Slash and Duff don't think that being in a specific rock band - especially one they weren't happy in - is the "biggest thing they will ever be a part of."

I've quit high paying jobs before because I wasn't happy with the company. Going home miserable wasn't worth the money the job provided.

Do you think that Slash would have been happier being in GnR the past 20 years? One album, not moving forward as a band, not creating new music, etc. Or do you think he is happier with his solo career since leaving GnR?

You are a cool dude and I enjoy chatting with you on here. But your weird Slash hatred is clouding your judgment in this topic.

Learn to listen Rusty, you asked for one. There are plenty of stories out there about them wanting to fire him when recording was taking place for the Illusions as well. But you're right. Why would they care about the biggest thing they would ever be a part of. It is completely common sense that they don't. Nobody would.

You're grasping. No one said they didn't care about being a part of GNR. They sued for royalties. They have never claimed to care about the name. What you are talking about has NOTHING to do with this phantom lawsuit over the name that you seemed to think happened.

Suing for royalties or considering an outsider's suggestion to fire an erratic singer that is putting your band at risk with his behavior = they wanted the name and they can't get it because they're liars!

I know, while chilling under MSL's umbrella of horseshit you too bought into that story about how their claims are baseless but just so you know, his whole argument regarding this is baseless.

You claim to despise Axl fans as well but you're sounding JUST like them.

:lol: You say I'm sounding like a blind fanboy while claiming that people just signed over the biggest thing they will ever be a part of because they didn't care? That's.... yeah. Have fun with that.

But that's really what is just important to you personally.

Maybe Slash and Duff don't think that being in a specific rock band - especially one they weren't happy in - is the "biggest thing they will ever be a part of."

I've quit high paying jobs before because I wasn't happy with the company. Going home miserable wasn't worth the money the job provided.

Do you think that Slash would have been happier being in GnR the past 20 years? One album, not moving forward as a band, not creating new music, etc. Or do you think he is happier with his solo career since leaving GnR?

You are a cool dude and I enjoy chatting with you on here. But your weird Slash hatred is clouding your judgment in this topic.

Still tldr.

Tldr.

Ten sentences is too long for you to read? SMH.

That's OK. Don't read it. Rusty already destroyed your entire ridiculous argument.

You keep posting about how much you hate a rock guitar player.

Edited by Groghan

Tldr.

Ten sentences is too long for you to read? SMH.

Yup. Keep it nice and short like this one.

The GN'R name means nothing? Then how is it that Axl is still making a killing off of it today with a band that realistically shouldn't be able to draw a dime?

It means something to someone that only cares about milking the brand and not worried about creating music.

Just like they've said: What good is the name if you don't have the band. Axl was and is the only person that cares about holding the GNR name. Suing over royalties doesn't change that aspect a bit. They are two completely different issues.

Home Run.

Game over.

Topic closed.

Home Run.

Game over.

Topic closed.

You make a great cheerleader. You should stick with that.

Home Run.

Game over.

Topic closed.

Thanks.

You know, when you just have a normal discussion or debate with people you seem like a pretty cool guy.

But when you go into your "must insult" anybody who disagrees with me mode and "must hate" anything Slash does mode.......it just adds negativity to the board and makes you sound really immature.

Most of us come here for the music discussion with fellow music fans. There really isn't a need to get mad and just constantly throw out insults if somebody disagrees with you.

Rusty was completely respectful to you in this conversation. You are the one who turned it into a ridiculous argument.

Don't bother Groghan, DS doesn't give a shit about you giving a shit. Did I mention he doesn't give a shit? He's the 'doesn't give a shit' boy of this forum.

His post cound tells otherwise, of course.

Edited by ProstituteComa

Home Run.

Game over.

Topic closed.

Thanks.

You know, when you just have a normal discussion or debate with people you seem like a pretty cool guy.

But when you go into your "must insult" anybody who disagrees with me mode and "must hate" anything Slash does mode.......it just adds negativity to the board and makes you sound really immature.

Most of us come here for the music discussion with fellow music fans. There really isn't a need to get mad and just constantly throw out insults if somebody disagrees with you.

Rusty was completely respectful to you in this conversation. You are the one who turned it into a ridiculous argument.

Tldr.

I agreed with you and you're still sitting there waiting? Quite frankly rusty, your blind fanboyism bores me. If you say money and names don't matter to anybody I'm going to let you continue on believing it, because what you believe honestly doesn't matter to me. Have fun with it. We can't argue like it's Attitude anymore so you can no longer provide me with the entertainment that you used to. I have less use for you than Slash does the name. So enjoy believing whatever you wish to believe. I have no desire to disprove you no matter how easy or difficult it might be.

You yourself brought up the Niven firing issue. Did the rest of the band fire Axl when they definitely could have? No they didn't.

So.....

1: They didn't fire him to have control.

2: They signed over the name and didn't care.

3: They never sued over the name when given the chance with their royalty lawsuit.

4: They still don't care.

Anything else?

You yourself brought up the Niven firing issue. Did the rest of the band fire Axl when they definitely could have? No they didn't.

So.....

1: They didn't fire him to have control.

2: They signed over the name and didn't care.

3: They never sued over the name when given the chance with their royalty lawsuit.

4: They still don't care.

Anything else?

Yup.

Don't bother Groghan, DS doesn't give a shit about you giving a shit. Did I mention he doesn't give a shit? He's the 'doesn't give a shit' boy of this forum.

His post cound tells otherwise, of course.

No kidding.

It's funny to watch him show us how cool and edgy and how much he doesn't care!

Oh well. There are lots of people who actually come here to chat with other music lovers.

You could argue that Duff & Slash still own the part of the name that counts, the original GNR business partnership.

They still get paid.

End of.

I side with Rusty here. The guys saw that Axl couldn't take their money but probably never believed that he would actually have the balls to start another cabaret band called "Guns N Roses".

• Like 1

Got anything to suggest that they do care? Getting their fair share of the royalties is the only thing they've expressed as a legal matter. They've already stated why they did not, and do not care about who "owns the name." They don't think GNR exists without the proper pieces anyways so screw the name.

Do you have 1 link, quote or 1 anything that shows that they want possession of the name?

That should give Axl and his fans a little clue about Axl and his paranoia that they were going to fire him.

they do not care.

:lol:

Got something to show that the name is an issue for them? They still get their royalties. I'll wait..........

To show? no. I don't need something to show. I just need to not be as naive as you. If you think they wouldn't have continued or at least tried and used the name on their own like Pink Floyd did or AC/DC then you're insane or have no brain.

Your point is ill conceived

If this was true they would have started a band like Velvet Revolver straight out the gate to capitalise on their pulling power as a group of then very famous musicians and then publicly declared themselves "the real GNR" or some Queensryche shit like that.

Instead it happened 8 years later and by accident.

That does not smack of a bunch of guys desperate to hold what they had.

They didn't care about the name because legally they part owned the name in a form.

Read what the guys themselves had to say here: http://www.slashparadise.com/media/interviews-slash/the-big-bang-guitar-world-november-2003.pdf

I am still missing some info, I do not really understand this....Axl said back then: if I ever leave, I will take the name GNR. so he left in 1995, according to another post about the lawsuit...so that meant that Axl already claimed the name GNR, so why did Duff n Slash sign out??