Russia enters Ukraine

Dan H.

:facepalm:

You do realize your opinion in these matters is in the extreme minority, right?

As in most logical thinking people don't agree with you?

And no, I'm not calling you a conspiracy theorist, per say....but pretty much everyone that agrees with your stance would fall into that category.

I'll be sure to check Gallup polls next time I think I have an opinion.

I'd ask you to explain which opinion in which matter you mean, but I'm afraid you'd hurt yourself. :lol:

Not sure how I could hurt myself on a G N' R message board. I guess that one's over my head.

Enlighten us on how it's the U.S. and Europe's fault that the Ukraine apparently has less gold than previously thought?

I'd ask you to explain which opinion in which matter you mean, but I'm afraid you'd hurt yourself. :lol:

Not sure how I could hurt myself on a G N' R message board. I guess that one's over my head.

Enlighten us on how it's the U.S. and Europe's fault that the Ukraine apparently has less gold than previously thought?

I don't really have a clue where the gold is, or if it even existed, but there's a long, long history of shenanigans surrounding gold when countries are in turmoil, and there's a report that the gold was loaded on a plane to the US that the US refuses to address, so speculation and questions are warranted.

Awaiting "AMERICA GOOD!!! WHY YOU BLAME?!!!" style response.

I don't really have a clue where the gold is, or if it even existed, but there's a long, long history of shenanigans surrounding gold when countries are in turmoil, and there's a report that the gold was loaded on a plane to the US that the US refuses to address, so speculation and questions are warranted.

Awaiting "AMERICA GOOD!!! WHY YOU BLAME?!!!" style response.

The main site reporting it is "Zero Hedge"....which is considered, ""deeply conspiratorial, anti-establishment and pessimistic view of the world".[2] , according to Wikipedia. I couldn't find anything of the sort through any credible news agency.

• Like 1

Yes, the U.S. stole Ukraine's gold.

Like seriously?

:lol:

I don't know about Ukraine, but maybe ask the Germans where their gold is, or why it suddenly wasn't necessary anymore to ask it all back.

This.

Yes, the U.S. stole Ukraine's gold.

Like seriously?

:lol:

I don't know about Ukraine, but maybe ask the Germans where their gold is, or why it suddenly wasn't necessary anymore to ask it all back.

This.

Again, with the conspiracy theory websites. The one credible website I found stated that the Germany was getting their gold back, if they wanted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/01/16/why-germany-wants-its-674-tons-of-gold-back/

But they decided to keep it here:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-23/german-gold-stays-in-new-york-in-rebuff-to-euro-doubters.html

Who knows why they would want it here? Could it be because a certain whack job is invading countries in their neck of the woods?

Go figure.

Edited by Kasanova King

That article is almost two years old. They're not getting it back. They got back 5 ton or something like that. Since last summer, they don't want it anymore.

Here's an article from February 2014, when they still wanted back 300 ton (from New York) by 2020. http://www.bundesbank.de/Redaktion/EN/Interviews/2014_02_19_thiele_handelsblatt.html

In June, they decided that the Americans were taking good care of their gold and decided to leave it there: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-23/german-gold-stays-in-new-york-in-rebuff-to-euro-doubters.html

That article is almost two years old. They're not getting it back. They got back 5 ton or something like that. Since last summer, they don't want it anymore.

Here's an article from February 2014, when they still wanted back 300 ton (from New York) by 2020. http://www.bundesbank.de/Redaktion/EN/Interviews/2014_02_19_thiele_handelsblatt.html

In June, they decided that the Americans were taking good care of their gold and decided to leave it there: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-23/german-gold-stays-in-new-york-in-rebuff-to-euro-doubters.html

Yes, I guess you missed the 2nd part of my post....?

Yeah, FYI, the Fed is doing just fine...we don't need to take anyone's gold. ;)

In all seriousness, the reason (I would assume) that Germany decided to keep it here is because of the current instability of the region. Common sense once again trumps conspiracy. .

Yes, I was too quick and missed the second part, you're right :lol:

That's great that you've got enough gold. I didn't know there was instability in the region currently, though.

Anyway, all I wanted to say is that it's healthy to raise questions, because I've seen nothing that has led me to believe I should trust super powers blindly. That's all, neither Russia, nor the US or any other power.

That's great that you've got enough gold. I didn't know there was instability in the region currently, though.

Anyway, all I wanted to say is that it's healthy to raise questions, because I've seen nothing that has led me to believe I should trust super powers blindly. That's all, neither Russia, nor the US or any other power.

The fact that there were reports as recent as a month or so ago stating that German/Russian tensions were extremely high. Rumors over the summer stating that one was going to declare war on the other and vice versa.

The fact that there were reports as recent as a month or so ago stating that German/Russian tensions were extremely high. Rumors over the summer stating that one was going to declare war on the other and vice versa.

:blink: I agree that tensions were/are high, but rumors about an impending declaration of war never made the papers here.

:blink: I agree that tensions were/are high, but rumors about an impending declaration of war never made the papers here.

Who knows, I probably read it on one of those "sites"...see what happens when that misinformation is taken seriously..... :P

• Like 1

And how many cents on the dollar do you imagine the Fed thinks it'll be repaid on those "assets"? Because either the Fed is fucked or America is fucked. One or the other.

Not really. Property values typically increase, especially over longer periods of time....so when the mortgages get paid back to the Fed., the property which was mortgaged turns into an asset to the "American".

I suggest you read up on the mortgage backed securities the Fed has on its books.

I've never done mortgages but I've helped put together tons of secondary auto loans in the past and default % is always factored in when creating a loan....and I'm certain mortgages work the same way. That's why people with a higher risk of default pay substantially higher interest rates....so the bank can recoup its asset in a quicker period of time.

There were banks that I used to deal with that would assume a certain client would default in 2 or 3 years....but they would set the interest rate high enough that if they did, they would lose little to nothing.