GN'R community archeology - putting together the missing pieces from 1999-2002

....and for the OP and his/her username....you could only wish to ever be "dolled up like Christ".....

It's a he. And why is that?

Nothing personal, per say. And I understand that your monicker is reflective of some washed up band....I just don't like anyone comparing themselves to Christ.

....and for the OP and his/her username....you could only wish to ever be "dolled up like Christ".....

It's a he. And why is that?

Nothing personal, per say. And I understand that your monicker is reflective of some washed up band....I just don't like anyone comparing themselves to Christ.

Throwing the "washed up band" insults on a GN'R forum now, are we? (Come on, give me a touché!)

I'm not exactly a religious man, so I don't give too many craps about blasphemy. I am not an insensitive man either, though, so my username is not meant to be blasphemous. Maybe it's a reference to people who try to speak or teach on behalf of Christ? Maybe it's more about the clothing of Christ than Christ himself? Maybe there's a little sarcasm hidden somewhere? I don't know exactly myself.

Throwing the "washed up band" insults on a GN'R forum now, are we? (Come on, give me a touché!)

I'm not exactly a religious man, so I don't give too many craps about blasphemy. I am not an insensitive man either, though, so my username is not meant to be blasphemous. Maybe it's a reference to people who try to speak or teach on behalf of Christ? Maybe it's more about the clothing of Christ than Christ himself? Maybe there's a little sarcasm hidden somewhere? I don't know exactly myself.

Hmm...that's a very fair answer and one that few could argue with....I certainly won't. You can call yourself whatever you wish for whichever reason you wish. That's the beauty of the internet. At the same time, I can say, "you wish".

:thumbsup:

Maybe I haven't been clear enough about what I'm actually looking to find out (and I will admit that it's kind of needlessly and pointlessly specific). I know about the proboard from 2002-2008 at gunsnrosesfans.com. I know about the CD forum and its demise. I was a member of both. But here's the deal:

I am fairly certain that between the time of the shutdown of CD and the opening of the Xozi proboard, there was another forum that was run by Xozi. That is the forum I'm looking to remember the name of. But maybe my memory just plays tricks on me. Maybe I'm just thinking of the period where Xozi tried to save the CD forum from shut-down, or maybe she ran a forum simultaneously to CD. To my recollection, this forum would have had moderators like Lucs, Sweet, Butterfly, Alikat, hmm, and Xozi of course. I can't find evidence of such forum. Maybe because I can't remember its name, maybe because it never existed.

This is the earliest screenshot I can find from gunsnrosesfans.com: http://web.archive.org/web/20020305202629/http://gnr.proboards2.com/

This isn't the color scheme I remember from Xozi's first (and best) forum. On this screenshot, I am one of the mods, and I believe I had been a member of a forum run by Xozi for quite some time before I became a moderator. That leads me to believe that there was a forum which ran either between gnrfans.com and CD.com or simultaneously to CD.com.

Again, my quest is pretty specific and pointless. But thanks for taking an interest in my stupid little project.

oh, i have no clue!

Why is there a proboards2 thingy? looks like that black n' orange board was from the early 2000's and the one found yesterday (white/grey template) is newer and stops at 2008. But one thing is clear: gunsnrosesfans.com belongs to Xozi or at least to the people who "worked" with her because that is the constant among all forums. It's been called Guns N' Roses Fans since it started. I don't know if there is a gap between Cd.com and this one but it must be really small because the domain was created in early 2002.

Have you already sent a message to the tumblr or the Facebook page?

Haha, did madison just post?

I was never a huge fan of her because of the 'lolbumblefoot' stuff. She indefinitely suspended me and some other members.

I miss having her around here though, she was awfully entertaining. Sucks that Axl and Eric were gigantic dicks to her for seemingly no reason.

Hmm...that's a very fair answer and one that few could argue with....I certainly won't. You can call yourself whatever you wish for whichever reason you wish. That's the beauty of the internet. At the same time, I can say, "you wish".

:thumbsup:

You sure can, and I won't ague with that either. In any way.

• Like 1