Death

darknightfan

Dalsh- I wasn't romanticizing death. If anything I'm concerned I'll never do anything worth while in 60 or so years.

My fear is that I won't find a realistic passion about something. So everyday is just a countdown till I die. Even if I find something I really like does doing something I like even really matter? I don't need a legacy because I know that there is really no way to have one. I guess I don't like the society I'm brought up in. Where I have to work a job I hate just to survive. How I have to attend college right now with no clue on what I want to do and then accumulate debt for something I don't want to do. Everyone says to take my time figuring it out but that's the problem. There is no time to figure things out.

idkidkidk This probably doesn't make any sense but its been bothering me lately.

Had we but world enough, and time,
This coyness, Lady, were no crime
We would sit down and think which way
To walk and pass our long love's day.
Thou by the Indian Ganges' side
Shouldst rubies find: I by the tide
Of Humber would complain. I would
Love you ten years before the Flood,
And you should, if you please, refuse
Till the conversion of the Jews.
My vegetable love should grow
Vaster than empires, and more slow;
A hundred years should go to praise
Thine eyes and on thy forehead gaze;
Two hundred to adore each breast,
But thirty thousand to the rest;
An age at least to every part,
And the last age should show your heart.
For, Lady, you deserve this state,
Nor would I love at lower rate.

But at my back I always hear
Time's wingèd chariot hurrying near;
And yonder all before us lie
Deserts of vast eternity.
Thy beauty shall no more be found,
Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound
My echoing song; then worms shall try
That long preserved virginity,
And your quaint honour turn to dust,
And into ashes all my lust:
The grave's a fine and private place,
But none, I think, do there embrace.

Now therefore, while the youthful hue
Sits on thy skin like morning dew,
And while thy willing soul transpires
At every pore with instant fires,
Now let us sport us while we may,
And now, like amorous birds of prey,
Rather at once our time devour
Than languish in his slow-chapped power.
Let us roll all our strength and all
Our sweetness up into one ball,
And tear our pleasures with rough strife
Through the iron gates of life:
Thus, though we cannot make our sun
Stand still, yet we will make him run.

tl;dr: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, because you'll be worm food before you know it.

Life is what you make it. You wanna climb Everest? Do it! You want to be remembered? Make sure you do something people will remember you for (sadly a lot of people, as username said, are remembered for the wrong reasons)

You only get one life so make the most of it. For all you know you could be walking down the street tomorrow and a car could loose control and kill you.

I saw an episode of 1000 Ways to Die on TV the other night just randomly deviating from my regular television watching...

I saw, this episode: A crazy cat hoarder dies after drinking bad cat milk tainted with some plant the kitties munched by her house that turned it into poison.

A home invader kills an occupant with a blow to the head, his wife gives him CPR, he then comes back to life soon afterwards in a rare condition called the Lazarus Effect (or something),

He gets up, just as the home invader/would be murderer makes his escape down a ladder he used to enter, the guy who he killed walks up the ladder, scares him off and he falls to his death shattering his skull.

The Gangster Bitch at a supermarket died when a scarf she was wearing (the show claimed he also stole it but, I think that's just television) got caught in the conveyer belt at the check out and choked her to death. They said she was an only child who missed her but I still say that supermarket should have been sued. Even if she was being a bitch to the person at the cash register...

This Japanese Oyabun Yakuza Don gets offend, has minion's finger cut off as punishment (as goes tradition), then proceeds to eat finger in front of the unfortunate minion as a mark of disrespect, chokes on it, another more obedient minion gives him the Heimlich Maneuver; Wrong! and the finger comes flying out, but his rib cage during that untrained attempted to safe his life pierce his heart killing him instantly...

Edited by Snake-Pit