Death

darknightfan

As Keith Richard so adequately put- living is the purpose of life, and whoever says otherwise is a damn idiot.

But what is living really?

You know what it means to ask that question because you're alive. You know what it means to not understand an answer, you know what it means to want more. You know why it's a difficult if not impossible question to answer, and you know why you're asking.

The ability to do all of such is only possible when alive. To have such ability is reason enough to forego the alternative.

Do humans really have a purpose? I can't seem to find one. You will die and then be forgotten. What's the point of everything? Who cares if you're happy or sad or anything?

A point for our existence relies on the flawed premise that we have been created for a purpose.

This is the kind of answer I was looking for, thanks.

No meaning. It's a rollercoaster ride and then it's over. I try to enjoy it as much as I can while being as free as I can and just focus on the things I love to do and the people and animals I love and want in my life.

Also, I think there are people that are very afraid of dying, even if it'll be when they're 90 years old, while others are not afraid at all.

I really don't want to die. Ever. But I will someday, so that's scary to me. This is why I try to prepare for it so I'll go without as much fear hopefully cause I don't believe there is an afterlife.

The cool thing is there is so much beautiful shit to experience and you know... might sound cheesy, but a lot of love to share. It's not a bad deal to be alive. Something is better then nothing. Living is better then dying in most cases imo. Especially if you're healthy enough to function and live with dignity.

Edited by Rovim

No meaning. It's a rollercoaster ride and then it's over. I try to enjoy it as much as I can while being as free as I can and just focus on the things I love to do and the people and animals I love and want in my life.

Also, I think there are people that are very afraid of dying, even if it'll be when they're 90 years old, while others are not afraid at all.

I really don't want to die. Ever. But I will someday, so that's scary to me. This is why I try to prepare for it so I'll go without as much fear hopefully cause I don't believe there is an afterlife.

The cool thing is there is so much beautiful shit to experience and you know... might sound cheesy, but a lot of love to share. It's not a bad deal to be alive. Something is better then nothing. Living is better then dying in most cases imo. Especially if you're healthy enough to function and live with dignity.

I guess I'm just not sure what I want to do with my life and how I would go about finding out. So it makes it hard to value anything that is happening.

I guess I'm just not sure what I want to do with my life and how I would go about finding out. So it makes it hard to value anything that is happening.

But also exciting. So many possibilities. You're gonna die someday anyway, so might as well put some thought into what you really want to do with your life and go for it.

I find that I learn more and the fastest just by trying many different things and actually experiencing how it feels to do them. It helps me to figure out what's for me and what isn't really my passion.

The picture gets clearer with time and experience and the best thing to do when you're confused and unsure of what you're supposed to do with yourself is to attempt to do whatever you feel will interest you and will make you more content as a human being.

Edited by Rovim

But also exciting. So many possibilities. You're gonna die someday anyway, so might as well put some thought into what you really want to do with your life and go for it.

I find that I learn more and the fastest just by trying many different things and actually experiencing how it feels to do them. It helps me to figure out what's for me and what isn't really my passion.

The picture gets clearer with time and experience and the best thing to do when you're confused and unsure of what you're supposed to do with yourself is to attempt to do whatever you feel will interest you and will make you more content as a human being.

Yeah but it is hard to do something you want to do because of things such as money. If I want to move across the country I can't just head out over there right now ya know?

we didn't choose to live. neither did we plan it. that said, our existence is a crazy random happenstance and it can't have a global purpose by default. or else we have to admit that someone arranged this quest for us and he's the one who knows the purpose, but he won't tell us. we're only pawns in his game :lol:

Yeah but it is hard to do something you want to do because of things such as money. If I want to move across the country I can't just head out over there right now ya know?

I understand. But I believe that if you really want to move across the country for example, and you are physically capable of working, it might take a while until you save enough money to actually do it, so it won't be right now, but it will happen eventually if you don't give up and why would you? you want it bad enough. "Where there's a will, there's a way" kinda deal.

No one is stopping you from taking charge of your life and not just drift to where it takes you. It's a waste of time imo.

My advice to you is: think about what you want to do, form a thoughtful plan how to make it a reality, and then execute it with a positive approach, hard work, and determination. Even if you fail, you'll probably gain experience and will be in a better position to try again, or at least it could lead you to better understand yourself and to figure out ideal ways for YOU to pursue whatever it is you want to achieve in your life.

Edited by Rovim

Not everybody is forgotten. I mean.... Dzjengis Khan, Attila The Hun, Julius Caesar, Vlad "The Impaler" Tepes, Pol Pot, Napoleon Bonaparte, Joseph Stalin, Adolf Hitler.

Sure, they're all cruel rulers, conquerers and mass murderers. But they're not easily forgotten!

So... I'm not sure when your next career orientation class is, but consider becomming a merciless dictator! :)

Edited by username
  • Like 1

I kind of hope there is a some sort of God, who looks out for us when we are alive. But forget afterlife! Spending an eternity with all the other assholes who have once inhabited this planet? No thanks. I rather just go into nothingness.

But the meaning of life... I don't know... Just don't be an assholes and don't eat your boogers in public, and you'll be fine.

And never hate. Anything or anyone.

Edited by jekylhyde

Everything in your life has choices, consequences, and decisions that are yours to make and no one really has control over you, except you. People want to remember successes.

What is success, anyway? The one who has a successful family? Having your name on a building? The one who dies with the most toys? Everyone has their own answer.

Sometimes we do things we don't want to do. We're told what to do, but we can change a lot of that the older we get.

We can choose to listen or not at a certain age. We can live anywhere we want, if we don't like it, we move. It all takes work no matter what it is. We're going to go through all the emotions, but there's something about looking forward to another day and seeing what's around the corner that keeps us all going.

Death's always an option, and I think the people who work in high risk occupations live with that every day. They're living for the now, maybe they get paid a lot of money, but that money just gets spent. But I also know as good as some people have it, a lot of people in the world have it worse and they struggle to get through it, hanging onto hope.

There's nothing romantic about death except the curiosity of where we go. Once you're gone, there's no coming back, even if you believe in reincarnation, this time you've spent as you - that's it. I've been to the edge, I've seen loved ones die, I worked a job that involved body retrieval and in the end you're just this cold stiff hard thing they plant in the ground or incinerate. Maybe we get kind words written about us, but a few days of mourning, burial and family rummaging through your crap, but that's about it. The memories stay for years though, maybe someone who does a family tree finds some article with your name in it. It takes decades and a couple of generations for any of us to be "forgotten".

It is important to have goals, whether they're short term or long term, usually a little of both. Maybe it's saving x amount of dollars up to live better, or taking a job that doesn't pay much but it's a career that intrigues you over a good paying job that you can't stand. Some class you want to take to become proficient at something you've always wanted to do.

Life's generally frustrating but it's also sweet. You want to ride this motherfucker until the wheels come off as Martin Lawrence said. You want to put the 200,000 miles on this vessel called a human body and drive it into the ground. But it's important to enjoy what you can, while you can. To me, it's simple pleasures throughout the day, week, and life in general that are a big part of how we all keep going. We all enjoy music, there's people who don't, or can't. We all have differences, that's what makes us individuals. We're evolved but we do such stupid things too. They say comedy is rooted in other people's misfortunes, and we have to laugh at it.

• Like 1

Do humans really have a purpose? I can't seem to find one. You will die and then be forgotten. What's the point of everything? Who cares if you're happy or sad or anything?

No point. No purpose. No answers. Anyone that tells you they DO know is full of shit.

Eat. Sleep. Take a shit. Have sex. Do drugs. Watch your favorite movie. Listen to a song. Dance. Enjoy the time you have with the people you like. That's all we get.

Don't question it....there is no answer. Just enjoy it while you can.

Edited by estrangedtwat
  • Like 2

Hopefully you will have family and friends who will remember you and talk about you after you're dead.

We still talk about my family members who are dead. not sure what humans real purpose is in life. I guess to just try to do the best you can and love your family and friends until you die.

I doubt there's anything beyond, so make your life the best you can for as long as you can.