Your Experience As A Fan Of GnR

But what if the guy makes a really good sandwich?

I understand your point and I think we agree.

I find celebrity worship extremely weird, so it always strikes me as strange (and pathetic) when I see adults doing it. Axl is one of my favorite singers of all time - favorite rock singer of all time - and I listen to GnR more than all other bands put together. So it just seems really weird - and funny - to me when somebody like your stella constantly praises Axl, but then says she stopped being fans of a band because somebody was a jerk on Twitter. I suppose that is what I find so amusing - when people have a double or different standard for Axl than they do for other musicians or people. Bullying???? Come on, you're better than that. If she is going to dish it out and act like she is friends with Axl - then she shouldn't cry when people question her on it.

Her little rant she just fired off features more insults - and way ruder comments - about me than anything I've ever said about her. I've lumped her in with the people who idolize Axl's every move. I've never swore or called her vulgar names, I've never made personal attacks against her, etc. Calling somebody a stalker because they've made 4-5 comments about you on a FORUM - that's how her brain works, lol. Several times I've seen her make posts where she claims a band member is doing something or why they did something. Never saying "I think........" but just making a statement about Axl or an ex-member like it was FACT. So I made a couple comments about her being actual friends with the band. That's not bullying or being a stalker. Her rant was way worse than anything I've ever said about her.

And dude!!! Didn't I read yesterday where you told some guy his opinion was like sh*t on Steven Hawking's pants or something like that?

At the end of the day, I think people need to realize this is just a rock band, and this is just a rock forum, and not take things so personally.

Stella can worship and idolize Axl Rose all she wants. Good for her. But that doesn't mean the rest of the adults on the forum can't comment on how strange it is.

Look at you and I. We've had numerous disagreements and fights on here. And we agree on a lot of things. But we can still chat about whatever is in the very next topic in a respectful manner. I'm not sure your Stella is capable of that. :shrugs: Maybe the Axl worship comments just hit too close to home for her. Maybe she's more normal in other topics?

The Subway guy making a great sandwich is his fucking job and he's expected to do it. LOL.

In the case of musicians and singers, I have personally chosen my Prince Axl over anyone else, so it is my own decision to stick with him or not. He owes me nothing. :wub:

When you talk about "worshipping" or actually using that word to describe certains things, I'm not sure you are doing it correctly. I guess it's more like a comfortable word that you use to describe being a fan, but worship in its real meaning, has a negative connotation and even though I can't be 100% sure saying this, I think most people here do not "worship" GN'R or Axl. We are just fans who love them and are fond of the memories and feelings this band grew on us.

Worshipping would imply having an altar in our homes and praying to our God Axl and lighting candles and doing everything as he command us to do (which is basically nothing, lol). Except for Karen McNeil, Axelette and a couple other psychos, I don't think there are many more people around here who actually "worships" this band :P .... so.... I see no problem with people being enthusiastic defending Axl or Slash in a fan forum, because we are here to talk about them, what is wrong with it? If there is one weird and pathetic thing to mention, it is the people who are here to completely disregard the band, Axl, Slash and hate them to the bone. Now that's fuckin' pointless and weird and I will never understand it.

I really don't see anything strange with Stella sticking with Axl while giving up on artists who are jerks on Twitter, because possibly maybe, she's not that much of a fan of them. She merely likes them. It happens to me too. Actually, GNR is the only band I put up with all of their shanenigans and shits and craps. However, its not the only band, artist I enjoy and love. I really really love lots of singers and bands but I'm not emotionally involved with them as much as I am with GNR. The only important thing to me is their music and I have no clue about their lives or whatever they do offstage.

As for the rest, I don't think she insulted you. She just put you in your place and I think you deserved it because you've been following her around the forum and quoting her, attacking her in any response she posted, questioning her about stuff that had nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Obsessing over things that you should not.

I'm sorry I've been watching you and I didnt want to step up for her because I didn't want to ruin the thread or get myself into trouble, but I find it disturbing that mods were overlooking your behavior. Dunno.... looks like this is your style when you are not ok with something and you've done it to me before. I know how you operate and I don't think it's an "adult" behavior, as you are always pointing out that we should all act in adult ways... well, watch yourself in the mirror.. and please, don't take it wrong... I'm just commenting on this whole thing.

Stella's posts are never insulting or out of place. I like when she responds and I consider she's a valuable poster here. And I still think you should not tell her (or anyone) how to live her "fangirl" hours.... Not one single person here is the "perfect" poster or the "perfect fan" (if there is such thing as a perfect something).... u know.... we are all humans... this is written communication... at times we can make mistakes and express ourselves incorrectly on things, maybe because we are tired, or sick, or sad, or depressed, or whatever is affecting us in our personal lives....

I admit I can be rational and cool in one thread, and a complete jackass at another, and that may be due to my mood of the moment or because I dont like that forum member and most of times, because of the way they approached me or refer to me. That is the case of the Stephen Hawkings comment, when this one guy was saying that I am stupid for not seeing how Myles Kennedy is an accomplished and critically acclaimed singer/songwriter, while DJ Ashba is a guitarist Axl picked from the trash bin. Then I was like "ok, yeah, your brilliant mental associations make Stephen Hawking shit on his pants." LOL

Ummm... Sorry for the wall of text :shrugs:

Edited by tinyrobot

But what if the guy makes a really good sandwich?

I understand your point and I think we agree.

I find celebrity worship extremely weird, so it always strikes me as strange (and pathetic) when I see adults doing it. Axl is one of my favorite singers of all time - favorite rock singer of all time - and I listen to GnR more than all other bands put together. So it just seems really weird - and funny - to me when somebody like your stella constantly praises Axl, but then says she stopped being fans of a band because somebody was a jerk on Twitter. I suppose that is what I find so amusing - when people have a double or different standard for Axl than they do for other musicians or people. Bullying???? Come on, you're better than that. If she is going to dish it out and act like she is friends with Axl - then she shouldn't cry when people question her on it.

Her little rant she just fired off features more insults - and way ruder comments - about me than anything I've ever said about her. I've lumped her in with the people who idolize Axl's every move. I've never swore or called her vulgar names, I've never made personal attacks against her, etc. Calling somebody a stalker because they've made 4-5 comments about you on a FORUM - that's how her brain works, lol. Several times I've seen her make posts where she claims a band member is doing something or why they did something. Never saying "I think........" but just making a statement about Axl or an ex-member like it was FACT. So I made a couple comments about her being actual friends with the band. That's not bullying or being a stalker. Her rant was way worse than anything I've ever said about her.

And dude!!! Didn't I read yesterday where you told some guy his opinion was like sh*t on Steven Hawking's pants or something like that?

At the end of the day, I think people need to realize this is just a rock band, and this is just a rock forum, and not take things so personally.

Stella can worship and idolize Axl Rose all she wants. Good for her. But that doesn't mean the rest of the adults on the forum can't comment on how strange it is.

Look at you and I. We've had numerous disagreements and fights on here. And we agree on a lot of things. But we can still chat about whatever is in the very next topic in a respectful manner. I'm not sure your Stella is capable of that. :shrugs: Maybe the Axl worship comments just hit too close to home for her. Maybe she's more normal in other topics?

The Subway guy making a great sandwich is his fucking job and he's expected to do it. LOL.

In the case of musicians and singers, I have personally chosen my Prince Axl over anyone else, so it is my own decision to stick with him or not. He owes me nothing. :wub:

When you talk about "worshipping" or actually using that word to describe certains things, I'm not sure you are doing it correctly. I guess it's more like a comfortable word that you use to describe being a fan, but worship in its real meaning, has a negative connotation and even though I can't be 100% sure saying this, I think most people here do not "worship" GN'R or Axl. We are just fans who love them and are fond of the memories and feelings this band grew on us.

Worshipping would imply having an altar in our homes and praying to our God Axl and lighting candles and doing everything as he command us to do (which is basically nothing, lol). Except for Karen McNeil, Axelette and a couple other psychos, I don't think there are many more people around here who actually "worships" this band :P .... so.... I see no problem with people being enthusiastic defending Axl or Slash in a fan forum, because we are here to talk about them, what is wrong with it? If there is one weird and pathetic thing to mention, it is the people who are here to completely disregard the band, Axl, Slash and hate them to the bone. Now that's fuckin' pointless and weird and I will never understand it.

I really don't see anything strange with Stella sticking with Axl while giving up on artists who are jerks on Twitter, because possibly maybe, she's not that much of a fan of them. She merely likes them. It happens to me too. Actually, GNR is the only band I put up with all of their shanenigans and shits and craps. However, its not the only band, artist I enjoy and love. I really really love lots of singers and bands but I'm not emotionally involved with them as much as I am with GNR. The only important thing to me is their music and I have no clue about their lives or whatever they do offstage.

As for the rest, I don't think she insulted you. She just put you in your place and I think you deserved it because you've been following her around the forum and quoting her, attacking her in any response she posted, questioning her about stuff that had nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Obsessing over things that you should not.

I'm sorry I've been watching you and I didnt want to step up for her because I didn't want to ruin the thread or get myself into trouble, but I find it disturbing that mods were overlooking your behavior. Dunno.... looks like this is your style when you are not ok with something and you've done it to me before. I know how you operate and I don't think it's an "adult" behavior, as you are always pointing out that we should all act in adult ways... well, watch yourself in the mirror.. and please, don't take it wrong... I'm just commenting on this whole thing.

Stella's posts are never insulting or out of place. I like when she responds and I consider she's a valuable poster here. And I still think you should not tell her (or anyone) how to live her "fangirl" hours.... Not one single person here is the "perfect" poster or the "perfect fan" (if there is such thing as a perfect something).... u know.... we are all humans... this is written communication... at times we can make mistakes and express ourselves incorrectly on things, maybe because we are tired, or sick, or sad, or depressed, or whatever is affecting us in our personal lives....

I admit I can be rational and cool in one thread, and a complete jackass at another, and that may be due to my mood of the moment or because I dont like that forum member and most of times, because of the way they approached me or refer to me. That is the case of the Stephen Hawkings comment, when this one guy was saying that I am stupid for not seeing how Myles Kennedy is an accomplished and critically acclaimed singer/songwriter, while DJ Ashba is a guitarist Axl picked from the trash bin. Then I was like "ok, yeah, your brilliant mental associations make Stephen Hawking shit on his pants." LOL

Ummm... Sorry for the wall of text :shrugs:

Responded via PM, so as to not clog up the actual topic.