Narcotic Pain Meds

I have some chronic back pain issues. Today I went to the pain clinic and the doctor told me that he would do a spinal injection on me during my next visit. My family doctor has been prescribing hydrocodone for me for when I'm in severe pain at night and can't relax due to the pain. The problem is, hydrocodone makes me completely wired. The doctor at the pain clinic today prescribed Percocet instead of the hydrocodone, hoping to fix this problem. Well, it's way past my normal bedtime and I can't sleep. It seems that this medication has the same side effect on me. Does anyone else have this problem? I do exercises to try to lessen the pain, but it's not working, so the nightly medication is necessary for now. I'm planning on calling the doctor tomorrow.

Every tells me Percocet puts them to sleep, it wakes me up too.

I was in a pretty bad car accident a few years ago, I've had a couple of back operations, I am currently going to a pin doctor that burns nerves with a needle and this blocks the transmission of pain. The nerves are outside of my spine, and they grow back (for me it lasted 8 months the first time, it's supposed to last 6.) It has changed my life. No brace, not on pain meds constantly, and I don't work or live in constant pain.

Does weed actually kill pain though?

I tried it once when my back was really jacked, and it was the best I'd felt in months, can't get it for pain where I live though. I'm not a smoker, but I'm a believer.