The Strain - Season 2

Starts tonight for those who watched the first season. Other than the poor design and look of the Elder Vampire, I enjoyed the first season quite a bit. Looking forward to the second season :)

Was the first season worth the watch? how much would you give it out of 10?

Starts tonight for those who watched the first season. Other than the poor design and look of the Elder Vampire, I enjoyed the first season quite a bit. Looking forward to the second season :)

Was the first season worth the watch? how much would you give it out of 10?

It wasn't groundbreaking amazing, but it was definitely enjoyable and I recommend watching it. I'd probably give it a 7.5/10, maybe an 8.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I agree Zach is very annoying. I'm hoping those vampire kids find him and bring him to his mother. They deserve each other.

I doubt they will find a cure for this vampire virus. If the master is allowed to get a new stronger body, there will be no stopping him.

I'm not so sure I trust those other vampires either.

This show has me on pins and needles every time I watch it. I love it!

Well it's kind of a catch 22. I like watching this show, but the longer it stays on, the longer the vampires will keep turning New Yorkers.

I would hate for the show to end, but I really want the master and that German freak and Kelly, Zach's mother killed. I can't stand any of them and when they make that clicking noise I want to scream.

I hope the old guy gets to kill the master and save the world. He deserves it for all the shit he's gone through in his life.

I'm enjoying it still, but man is the kid annoying as ever...

I know. He doesn't get any better just worse with each week.

You know eventually his mother is going to find him. I honestly don't care what happens to him.

I doubt that virus is going to kill anymore vampires. The master is on to whatever they are trying to do.

I hope the Spanish guy catches up with the other group. I don't want him to get killed or turned. His character kicks ass.

Also, I knew that rich guy would ambush those bankers with vampires. Someone needs to kill him quick. He thinks because the master gave him his health back he's going to become immortal. That's not going to happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Not digging it as much this season..I dunno :shrugs:

I'll keep watching though.

I think I might actually be done with it?

The first season was campy, but it was gleefully so; it was very much a del Toro creation, and though it never reached crazy artistic heights, it wasn't intended to. I enjoyed it for what it was, a fun, pulpy vampire show!

The new season? I loved the opening (which del Toro actually directed) showing how the elder vampire was created in the Hungarian town... but it quickly went downhill afterward. It's like they really didn't know what to do with the characters/story so there's tons and tons of filler, not unlike how Lost treaded water endlessly until its resolution. Eph is a pretty boring character, and I don't care less about his son, so the more time spent on that nonsense, the worse off the show is. Eph going to DC and sleeping with the older woman there... honestly, I'm not even sure what the hell that all was about, because I had become so disinterested in the storyline by that point.

Every time the show cuts back to the gothic pulp stuff it's fun, but way too much of this season is bad writing, bad character development, and long stretches of stuff I just don't care about. I may return to it by the end of the season, but midway through it seems to be dragging its feet and I'm not sure how inclined I feel to continue wasting time on it.

Well, the vampire hunter guy is pretty cool. He almost got the master, but if this show continues to season 3, you know the master will get away again.

Next week's preview showed Kelly, Zach's mom, getting a human make over. You know that little annoying kid is going to either let her in the safe house or go meet her. Honestly, he's so annoying and no matter how many times they tell him and he actually saw her as a horrible vampire, he still wants her. Come on! Mourn her already and train this kid like Carl was trained to fight on The Walking Dead. It's the only way to survive.

• 1 month later...

Okay, the finale of The Strain was last night.

Why is it that everytime a character tells another character "when this is all over", you know one of them will die. I was right.

I won't give anything away, but that little bastard caused the death of a character and did what I knew he would do the whole season! I hate that kid so much!

Of course, the show will be back for a 3rd season, so the good guys didn't get to kill or even hurt the master. I do like this show a lot, but I'm not sure how long I can wait until they kill the master, if they can at all?

Anyway, I guess we'll have to see what next season brings. All I know is that the good guys keep losing members and there doesn't seem to be a shortage of vampires.