The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

downzy

So what did everyone think of the Trump interview last night?

I thought he blew it. It was a relatively soft interview all around with a few good remarks. But otherwise, it was essentially what I'd expect to see from Fallon and it was a bit upsetting. It wasn't some big dramatic "final straw" or anything for me on Colbert, but I did want him to step up there and really have a true discussion with Trump about his presidential run and everything thats gone on. Colbert has those smarts and the format to really dig into him and IMO he didn't at all. And it was a big "huh, I guess this isn't the show I thought it would be" revelation, and it was definitely something Letterman wouldn't have done.

Admittedly, all Colbert has to do is some other thing that'll go viral and get him back in the news. This interview isn't gonna really affect him in any way cause these late night guys just need to dole something out every now and then thats viral or newsworthy to keep them known. But I do think this is an interview ALL the late night guys want, and Colbert was lucky to get it and went pretty soft.