Izzy and Other Members

G-Money

Hi Marc,

Given that Izzy never interviews and rarely appears on stage with anyone, I'm wondering what you remember about his relationship with the other band members. In a podcast a few years back, he said, "We're all still good friends," yet Axl and Duff seem to be the only ones he's seen with.

And did he and Steven Adler ever interact much? In pictures of the old lineup, and throughout your book, I find it rare to see Izzy and Steven interact at all.

Just curious.

He and Duff are like the best buddies, He is good friends at the moment with Axl too, inbetween their friendship did go sour, its still a mystery to me how they repaired their friendship, but well good for them.

Izzy does shows up for a song or two in Axl's band once in like every 4 years or so.

Slash and Izzy are cool with each other, but it seems they don't hang around much, for the Ghost song, it seems Izzy recorded from his place and then sent it to Slash, the song was a demo of VR when Izzy had joined them, so I assume the rhythm part remained the same.

Steven and Izzy haven't met each other since like 2006 or 2007, they played a few songs together on the 20th Anniversary of Appetite.

Izzy is the only member I like. Who wants to swing their manboobs about to Jungle?

That's mean. And funny.

Stevie's said some things on Howard Stern and in his book and other places that I imagine Izzy wasn't cool with. Stories of the sex and the drugs. Stevie comes up as a douchebag when he tells those stories, and I bet that's not wrong.