Franchised sport

DieselDaisy

Well, I still saw Wimbledon FC move to South Norwood (where Crystal Palace FC play) before moving (again) and changing name.

Franchise or not, those Wimbledon fans still had that to put up with from the FA.

.. The worst team in the NFL coming to the furthest city in the NFL.

Jacksonville Tigers, are they still moving to London?

I mean, I'm in London and haven't heard anything on it in a while.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Team relocation is not inclusive of franchised sport so long as teams are under unscrupulous private ownership, but the American system seems to make relocation more prevalent as teams are created ex novo as part of an 'expansion policy', and are rarely preexisting (to the creation of the league), and there is no governing body separate from the league which arbitrates in such controversies.

It is the worst Yankee sport they are trying to sell to us, and the Wembley American football games are usually sell outs so some weird Yankee doodle dandy John Paul Jones traitors are buying the tickets to this obscene event! Baseball does not look too bad, bat and ball game related to cricket. Basketball is unwatchable but at least it has linear 'football' style rules, i.e. stick the ball in the hoop. It is quite fun to play, as I recall from PE days when it was raining outside. But American Football is wretched. The only similar American export I hate more is WWF wrestling.

13 hours ago, sturginho said:
13 hours ago, sturginho said:

They showed the superbowl on the BBC this year Diesel, presumably you watched it?

They showed the superbowl on the BBC this year Diesel, presumably you watched it?

Front row tickets. Seeing Dwight Toby Wayne Johnson Junior playing for the Virginian Vaginas could not be missed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The USA has its own professional Rugby competition: http://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/14/watch-live-pro-rugby-makes-debut-in-the-united-states/21344397/#slide=3862757

You can watch San Francisco vs Sacramento via the link above, Mirco Bergamasco is in the Sacramento team ;)

It'd be really positive for world Rugby if this league is successful

Edited by sturginho
spelling