AFD Reissue, Will There Be One?

I always been thinking in something like this:

GNR LIES Deluxe Edition:

CD 1: LLAS + LIES Remastered

CD 2 & 3: Live in New York Ritz 1987 or/ Hammersmith England 1987

DVD: Live at the Troubadour 86 + footage from Roxy, Street Scene, Music Machine etc.

AFD Deluxe edition, box set:

CD 1: AFD Remastered

CD 2: Live at the Marquee 1987

CD 3: AFD Demos

DVD: Live in Tokyo 88 + Ritz 87

UYI 1 Deluxe:

CD 1: UYI 1 Remastered

CD 2 & 3: Live At Wembley 1991

DVD: Live in LA  91 + footage from Wembley, Alpine Valley, Ritz 91

UYI 2 Deluxe:

CD 1: UYI 2 Remastered

CD 2 & 3: Live in las Vegas 1992

DVD: Live Milton Keynes 1993 + footage from Europe 93.

Super cool!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TKesseli said:

A GNR Box set Deluxe Edition would be perfect. Documentary with interview and unseen footage of a few shows. Just like the Pearl Jam "PJ20". Remastered ADF, unreleased songs and full Troubadour shows 1986 and 2016. One can dream

And few outtakes/alternative versions! If they exist of course.

Outtakes can be a double-edged sword, but when they are good they are really good.
Check this one out - that's a fuckin outtake:

Difficult to pinpoint, it's not as polished as the final release... has (70s) street vibe to it...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Colossus of Rhodes said:

Right! Well, I would choose this over yet another hq re-issue anytime.

As for Van, this type of arrangement he kind of lost over time. Van performed all those numbers with solo guitar, fully orchestrated (
that squeaky clean and extremely polished period with shitload of instruments, strings, horns and whatnot), in rock-settings and so on.
Never quite as good (as the original album and this).

Peter Wolf from J Geils Band has a recording of Van Morrison doing most of the Astral Weeks album in a Boston club in 1968. That's holy grail stuff but out of respect to a fellow musician's wishes he's safeguarding it. 

From what I remember in interviews, he kind of did what Steely Dan did, revamp the originals to his liking and not just stick to what people heard on the album. One of the guitarists was on the Astral Weeks sessions. 

It was supposed to be two nights and that was it, but I guess he realized there was money to be made and people were going to pay a lot to hear it. He jacked his ticket prices up in a big way after that. 

He's stormed off stage WAY more times than Axl ever did. 

Fuck reissues, they should get in studio and lay down the album they couldn't make in the 90s. Slash must have written at least 361 riffs this week, Axl just needs to write some decent lyrics and melodies for them, Duff can help with arrangements and vocals, adding some killer SCOM bass runs and have hired hands can do as they're told. Boom, you have got a 12 track album to market on your stadium tour.