Axl Uninspired without Izzy + Adler/Sorum

10 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Speculation I would say

There have been talks that Izzy was not invited or if he was invited them he declined cause of the money. Even before Izzy had problems cause during the illusions Axl wanted to cut down his royalties and the whole band din't find him reliable.

I don't think everything is a coincidence, Izzy who used to be far away from social media, made a twitter account and the first person who he contacted was a RS Editor, then he tweeted and deleted things. Then Izzy working with Matt Sorum at the same time GNR started touring, then Duff din't tweet Izzy on his birthday. 

So well its just a speculation at the moment, but it feels like there is some kind of tension. 

If there's any inkling of tension I'd imagine as I mentioned in another thread it has a lot to do with duff doing most of the negotiating for the band and seeing everything from the eyes of a financial analyst. Forgetting why they do what they do for their love of making music and the fans and making honorable fire pilot money vs and only being focused on the bottom line like any big corporation. They figured Axl and Slash together would be enough why give Izzy an equal share. In their eyes they made a mistake in 1987 splitting everything 5 ways.

Now as a result of their greediness they are having a hard time filling these stadiums

10 hours ago, Rayno said:

Sorry, but I think you are overanalyzing things. Duff's been always looking up to Izzy and his "wisdom", he repeated it many times. He did not tweet him on birthday? Well, maybe he just called him.

Well we haven't heard any of that since this reunion picked up steam. Since Izzy said publicly he is not involved before the troubadour and vegas.

Up until that point or a few weeks/months early Duff was in the studio with Izzy work on Duff, Izzy and possibly gnr songs but there's no interaction now.

Probably why they are doing so little press. They aren't talking for a reason and when they do like Axl's China exchange interview you can bet some questions were off limits

2 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

Axl does not need Izzy, Sorum or Adler to be inspired. All of his greatest songs were inspired by pain, anger, being in love etc. 

Yeah but izzy helped him connect his T's and dot his I's. He may not need them to get inspired, like you said before Chinese democracy is a masterpiece. But it's just an interesting debate because, the GNR that everybody fell in love with, regardless of the lineup, is filled with tunes written and recorded with Axl, slash, izzy and Duff. Dizzy adding a condiment doesn't make things worse, if anything it helps but, idk it's not a great look for this.

2016 is a great year to buy GNR tickets. And I guess 2017 will be too for Europeans because that's how long it's going to take to hit Europe. Idk, after that, what else is there to look forward to from this "band"