Road trip through Indiana

On 11/9/2016 at 5:55 PM, iftheworld said:

I live in Lafayette and work at a certain Huge electronics store. Izzy just walked through a few days ago and bought himself a drone for drone racing and an iPad. My life was complete helping him out.

Izzy joining twitter now buying an iPad what's next he'll being periscoping the drone races?? ???

On 11/7/2016 at 11:20 AM, ronartest2004 said:

I grew up in the area. There isn't much around (mind you I haven't been back in years) arnis pizza is worth the stop, also vons records (if it's still there?) is worth it to see.

If you were in to blind melon/Shannon hoon at all, shannons grave is in a nearby small town (dayton) his grave is towards the back of the cemetery. You cant miss it, it normally has a bunch of stuff people leave on it.

I know izzy still goes back to Lafayette from time to time. Haven't heard about axl being back since  the mid to late 90s.

Paul Huge owns an electronics store now?

• Like 2

On 7 November 2016 at 8:24 AM, ericy210 said:

I did it two months ago- the house like in the video below, the west Jefferson high school, and pizza at Arni's.  Small blue collar town.  Fun to drive through and imagine Axl coming from here.  I've also been by his CA home.  It's up to you whether it's worth five minutes in front of his house.

The real address is in here..

https://spencerbrian.wordpress.com/2014/02/07/axl-rose-a-hometown-hero/

here's a video of a guy there..

He forgot about Izzy :max:

On 10 November 2016 at 8:12 PM, Darkenchantress said:

Nah, he probably wants it to keep an eye on his house perimeter so he can avoid journalists and stalkers like the ninja he is, or to watch Guns n roses shows for free with a privileged view from the air. Nice try, Stradlin, nice try... :lol:

P.S. Seriously, I looked it up and there's a US National Drone Racing Championship! xD

So He wanna join the competition I guess :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

So He wanna join the competition I guess :lol:

I might or might not have looked for an Isbell on the pilot's list but had no luck :P  (yeah, they are called pilots! Is FP money dedicated to drone racing? Who knows? A new world of possibilities opens before our eyes xD) Anyway, the thing looks cool, it's like little Star Wars pod races!

31 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I might or might not have looked for an Isbell on the pilot's list but had no luck :P  (yeah, they are called pilots! Is FP money dedicated to drone racing? Who knows? A new world of possibilities opens before our eyes xD) Anyway, the thing looks cool, it's like little Star Wars pod races!

I have seen tht on online video, Yeah it looks cool. But I bet He will gets bored N' changing into new thing again :lol:

You should make Your signature "SAVE IZZY, SAVE THE WORLD" on to tshirt, I'm curious what faces He would make if You happen to meet Him with the tshirt:D

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

I have seen tht on online video, Yeah it looks cool. But I bet He will gets bored N' changing into new thing again :lol:

You should make Your signature "SAVE IZZY, SAVE THE WORLD" on to tshirt, I'm curious what faces He would make if You happen to meet Him again with the tshirt:D

Hahaha, he would probably run away or something, plus, I don't think he had watched "Heroes" and he wouldn't probably get it :P (Also don't know how much he would like being compared to a cheerleader lol)

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

@Darkenchantress you have already met Izzy? 

No, no, unfortunately I haven't! I was def too young first time GnR came to Europe and also haven't been lucky enough to bump into him on one of his "ghost" trips to my country haha.

4 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Hahaha, he would probably run away or something, plus, I don't think he had watched "Heroes" and he wouldn't probably get it :P (Also don't know how much he would like being compared to a cheerleader lol)

No, no, unfortunately I haven't! I was def too young first time GnR came to Europe and also haven't been lucky enough to bump into him on one of his "ghost" trips to my country haha.

I even didnt watch Heroes but tht line seems looks cool to Me but Im not Izzy :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Yeah haha that's the point. You're not Izzy, I'm not Izzy, Izzy is Izzy and we all know that he is... special :lol: He'd run away. But your idea of a shirt is fuckin' cool!!

I wonder, I really want to see His reaction face :lol:

Thx, dont forget to put Izzy skull logo on the back :D

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Yeah haha that's the point. You're not Izzy, I'm not Izzy, Izzy is Izzy and we all know that he is... special :lol: He'd run away. But your idea of a shirt is fuckin' cool!!

If I had to make a tshirt, then I would put "Izzy Stradlin ran to Vietnam, just to make a tweet" 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Bring all His guns with Him

Makes Me wonder if He bought new guns again after what happen in the U.S recently

Dats emoticon is new to Me

Yeah I found it on another place haha.

I just read those crazy stories of Izzy and his guns, fuck, I guess as a european it all sounds so weird to me :lol:

14 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Yeah I found it on another place haha.

I just read those crazy stories of Izzy and his guns, fuck, I guess as a european it all sounds so weird to me :lol:

How You can post it in here

When young He was a drug dealer but He's running business as a guns dealer now

J.K

On 11/7/2016 at 1:31 PM, triad said:

I graduated from Purdue (located in West Lafayette) in 1982, and could very well have been at the Mall or the local sandwich shop at the same time Axl was.  :lol:  Lafayette is not very exciting, but on the other hand, you have all the opportunities afforded by having a Big 10 university in your back yard if you take advantage of them.  Obviously that wasn't a consideration for Axl & Izzy.  Anyway, traveling with two little ones you definitely made the right call to shorten your drive!  

I also lived in Indy for several years after graduation and really liked it.  It offers a great combination of activities and a reasonable size for getting around.  Besides downtown, Broad Ripple was a good time, at least back in the day.  

Oh, did you ever catch Dow Jones and the Industrials? Chris Clark, their bass player/singer, was actually the Purdue student body president in 1980. His whole campaign was just a scam to promote the band. Brilliant.