Are there any demos with Josh Freese on drums?

On 11/29/2017 at 10:00 PM, appetite4illusions said:

Interestingly enough, the '99 demos do sound like a drum machine. Pity

Freese would be the guy I would hire if I had an open drum seat and needed a pro to sit in. He hits like a knife.

A couple years ago, he was offering album packages depending on how much cash you wanted to part with - he had some downright creative offers:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2009/feb/23/full-list-josh-freese-album-package-deals

People may think he was taking the piss with this, and to a large extent, I'm sure he was, but I have to believe he would follow through had fans offered $75 grand to buy an album.

$75,000 (limited edition of 1)

- Signed CD/DVD and digital download

- T-shirt

- Go on tour with Josh for a few days

- Have Josh write, record and release a 5-song EP about you and your life story

- Take home any of his drum sets (only one, but you can choose which one)

- Take shrooms and cruise Hollywood in Danny from Tool's Lamborghini OR play quarters and then hop on the Ouija board for a while

- Josh will join your band for a month … play shows, record, party with groupies, etc.

- If you don't have a band he'll be your personal assistant for a month (4-day work weeks, 10 am to 4 pm)

- Take a limo down to Tijuana and he'll show you how it's done (what that means exactly we can't legally get into here)

- If you don't live in Southern California (but are a U.S. resident) he'll come to you and be your personal assistant/cabana boy for 2 weeks

- Take a flying trapeze lesson with Josh and Robin from NIN, go back to Robins place afterwards and his wife will make you raw lasagna

lol I remember that...I wonder if anyone bought any of the more expensive options and if he actually came through

Edited by RJ88

On 29/11/2017 at 3:12 PM, Fashionista said:

I so wish the 99 band (Axl, Robin, Billy Howerdel, Paul, Tommy, Josh Freese, Dizzy, Pitman) had put out just one record.

Would be awesome to hear anything with Josh and Billy... maybe because they showed great chemestry with A perfect circle, and as a fan of that band, i tend to believe that Axl would come out with something great just like Maynard did

• Like 1