Are there any demos with Josh Freese on drums?

yes, those 4 old 1999 demos might have Josh Freese. that is CITR, TWAT, IRS and "Checkmate". but the drums sound more like a drum machine.

not sure about newer ones, that should be Brain, but I'm really not sure.

Edited by zombux

2 hours ago, Maestro said:

And of course Oh My God ;)

if you consider that one a demo (which was kind of admitted by Axl back in the day), then yes. + include the second half of SCOM Big Daddy version, that one was also fresh from the studio.

33 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don’t consider Oh My God a demo since it was legitimately released as a single, which makes whatever version we got technically the release. Maybe I’m just too technical though.

It was an officially released song. Of course it isn't a demo

12 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl considers it a demo which is why I even brought up that notion.

indeed. but on the other hand, he considered most of UYI a demo, so yeah, this point is not that valid anyway... 

thinking of his way of seeing things, only the 80's releases were kind of proper releases. about anything else, he would still sit like a duck, adding more layers and never releasing that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl considers it a demo which is why I even brought up that notion.

If Axl decided to consider SCOM a demo that still wouldn't make it a demo. The song got officially released, thats the song. There may be alternative versions he likes more or feels are more complete, but that doesn't matter because they aren't released

7 hours ago, Fashionista said:

I so wish the 99 band (Axl, Robin, Billy Howerdel, Paul, Tommy, Josh Freese, Dizzy, Pitman) had put out just one record.

i prefer the september 98 band (Axl, his gardener, his plumber, his buddy from high school, Dizzy and that other guy)

so much potential

• Like 1

Interestingly enough, the '99 demos do sound like a drum machine. Pity

Freese would be the guy I would hire if I had an open drum seat and needed a pro to sit in. He hits like a knife.

A couple years ago, he was offering album packages depending on how much cash you wanted to part with - he had some downright creative offers:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2009/feb/23/full-list-josh-freese-album-package-deals

People may think he was taking the piss with this, and to a large extent, I'm sure he was, but I have to believe he would follow through had fans offered $75 grand to buy an album.

$75,000 (limited edition of 1)

- Signed CD/DVD and digital download

- T-shirt

- Go on tour with Josh for a few days

- Have Josh write, record and release a 5-song EP about you and your life story

- Take home any of his drum sets (only one, but you can choose which one)

- Take shrooms and cruise Hollywood in Danny from Tool's Lamborghini OR play quarters and then hop on the Ouija board for a while

- Josh will join your band for a month … play shows, record, party with groupies, etc.

- If you don't have a band he'll be your personal assistant for a month (4-day work weeks, 10 am to 4 pm)

- Take a limo down to Tijuana and he'll show you how it's done (what that means exactly we can't legally get into here)

- If you don't live in Southern California (but are a U.S. resident) he'll come to you and be your personal assistant/cabana boy for 2 weeks

- Take a flying trapeze lesson with Josh and Robin from NIN, go back to Robins place afterwards and his wife will make you raw lasagna

14 hours ago, ludurigan said:

sarcasm? maybe i am mistaken about the plumber, and the neighboor and that other guys, i get confused about axl solo career people all the time, but i am sure axls gardener joined axls line up at some point!

Carlos Booy was Axl's property manager, and no, he was never a member of any GN'R lineup. He played on Look at Your Game, Girl - that's it.

• Haha 1

On 30-11-2017 at 2:04 AM, ludurigan said:

i prefer the september 98 band (Axl, his gardener, his plumber, his buddy from high school, Dizzy and that other guy)

so much potential

Laughed out loud at this !  So funny ... so tragic ... so sad...

The slow and agonising death of my favourite band.

GNR R.I.P. 1996-ish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Fashionista said:

Carlos Booy was Axl's property manager, and no, he was never a member of any GN'R lineup. He played on Look at Your Game, Girl - that's it.

yep, property manager is much funnier than gardener and of course he was never a member of any gnr lineup, he only played guitar on a gnr album thats all there is to it!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, Tyler Drama said:

Billy wasn’t really a band member. More of an engineer.

I thought Billy Howerdel was a member for a short while in 1999 and Gary Sunshine was an engineer and teaching Axl to play guitar. I'm probably wrong hard to even tell the amount that was coming in and going out was absurd. He should have just built robots to play 

7 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

I thought Billy Howerdel was a member for a short while in 1999 and Gary Sunshine was an engineer and teaching Axl to play guitar. I'm probably wrong hard to even tell the amount that was coming in and going out was absurd. He should have just built robots to play 

Howerdel would come to serve as a jack of all trades in the new band. 

"The first time I went [to audition, Axl] wasn't there. I auditioned, and, oddly enough, the two guys auditioning me were guys I would later be in two separate bands with... On guitar was Robin Finck, the guitar player who had just left Nine Inch Nails to do Guns N' Roses...

The guy that was playing bass, because they didn't have a bass player at the time, was Guns N' Roses' Pro Tools engineer at the time, Billy Howerdel, who would later do A Perfect Circle, but he was just the Pro Tools guy and he strapped on a bass and I had no idea. Who's this weird bass roadie?" (Josh Freese, PodAMatic, 04/13)

Howerdel was also responsible for introducing a future band member to Axl.

"[In early '98], I had been invited down to their studio to meet and hang out with the guys, the purpose being, as [Billy Howerdel] explained, they were looking for a producer or collaborator, and someone to bring some 'modern' sounds to the mix." (Chris Pitman, official website)

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=3397

Edited by Sosso

On 12/1/2017 at 5:50 PM, ludurigan said:

yep, property manager is much funnier than gardener and of course he was never a member of any gnr lineup, he only played guitar on a gnr album thats all there is to it!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Here are the list of people who have played on Guns N' Roses albums: 
Michael Monroe - co-lead vocals "Ain't it Fun"; Harmonica and Saxophone "Bad Obsession"
Shannon Hoon – backing vocals on "Live And Let Die", "November Rain" and "The Garden"; back-up vocals on "Don't Cry" and "You Ain't The First"
Howard Teman - Piano "One in a Million" and "So Fine"
West Arkeen - Percussion on "Patience", "Used To Love Her", "You're Crazy" "One in a Million"
Johann Langlie – programming on "Live And Let Die", "November Rain" and "Garden Of Eden"; sound effects on "Coma"; drums, keyboards and sound effects on "My World"
Reba Shaw – backing vocals on "November Rain"
Stuart Bailey – backing vocals on "November Rain"
Jon Thautwein – horn on "Live And Let Die"
Matthew McKagan – horn on "Live And Let Die"
Rachel West – horn on "Live And Let Die"
Robert Clark – horn on "Live And Let Die"
Tim Doyle – tambourine on "You Ain't The First"
Alice Cooper – co-lead vocals on "The Garden"
West Arkeen – acoustic guitar on "The Garden"
Bruce Foster – sound effects on "Coma"
The Waters – backing vocals on "Knockin' On Heaven's Door"
Mike Staggs – additional guitar on "Ain't It Fun"
Mike Fasano – percussion on "Hair of the Dog"
Richard Duguay – lead and rhythm guitars on "You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory"
Eddie Huletz – backing vocals on "You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory"
Blake Stanton – backing vocals on "I Don't Care About You"
Eric Mills – backing vocals on "I Don't Care About You"
Rikki Rachtman – backing vocals on "I Don't Care About You"
Stuart Bailey – backing vocals on "I Don't Care About You"
Carlos Booy – acoustic guitar on "Look at Your Game, Girl"
Gary Sunshine - Guitar on "Oh My God"
Dave Navarro - Lead Guitar, Solo on "Oh My God"
Sebastian Bach - Backing vocals on "Sorry"

Are/were all of these GN'R members?

Edited by Fashionista

22 hours ago, Fashionista said:

Here are the list of people who have played on Guns N' Roses albums: 
Michael Monroe - co-lead vocals "Ain't it Fun"; Harmonica and Saxophone "Bad Obsession"
Shannon Hoon – backing vocals on "Live And Let Die", "November Rain" and "The Garden"; back-up vocals on "Don't Cry" and "You Ain't The First"
Howard Teman - Piano "One in a Million" and "So Fine"
West Arkeen - Percussion on "Patience", "Used To Love Her", "You're Crazy" "One in a Million"
Johann Langlie – programming on "Live And Let Die", "November Rain" and "Garden Of Eden"; sound effects on "Coma"; drums, keyboards and sound effects on "My World"
Reba Shaw – backing vocals on "November Rain"
Stuart Bailey – backing vocals on "November Rain"
Jon Thautwein – horn on "Live And Let Die"
Matthew McKagan – horn on "Live And Let Die"
Rachel West – horn on "Live And Let Die"
Robert Clark – horn on "Live And Let Die"
Tim Doyle – tambourine on "You Ain't The First"
Alice Cooper – co-lead vocals on "The Garden"
West Arkeen – acoustic guitar on "The Garden"
Bruce Foster – sound effects on "Coma"
The Waters – backing vocals on "Knockin' On Heaven's Door"
Mike Staggs – additional guitar on "Ain't It Fun"
Mike Fasano – percussion on "Hair of the Dog"
Richard Duguay – lead and rhythm guitars on "You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory"
Eddie Huletz – backing vocals on "You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory"
Blake Stanton – backing vocals on "I Don't Care About You"
Eric Mills – backing vocals on "I Don't Care About You"
Rikki Rachtman – backing vocals on "I Don't Care About You"
Stuart Bailey – backing vocals on "I Don't Care About You"
Carlos Booy – acoustic guitar on "Look at Your Game, Girl"
Gary Sunshine - Guitar on "Oh My God"
Dave Navarro - Lead Guitar, Solo on "Oh My God"
Sebastian Bach - Backing vocals on "Sorry"

Are/were all of these GN'R members?

Theres sax on Bad Obsession? lol