Axl Rose Gets Upset at Opening Act (Australia 1988)

Here's a story a lot of fans may not know about. Back in 1988 Guns played a few shows in Australia. One of the opening bands Kings of the Sun criticized GNR as being a Rose Tattoo rip off. Axl read the interview and didn't take too kindly to it.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, sidman69 said:

Here's a story a lot of fans may not know about. Back in 1988 Guns played a few shows in Australia. One of the opening bands Kings of the Sun criticized GNR as being a Rose Tattoo rip off. Axl read the interview and didn't take too kindly to it.

I wonder Kings of the Sun where is now.....? Very ironic:shrugs:

• Like 1

Thats true kings of the sun has released more music than guns but i think they kind of splinted by 1990 never got the chance to see them. The reason why KOTS mentioned this is because the lead songer of KOTS is a huge tatts fan. They kind of sounded like any typical LA band at the time but love the song "drop the gun".

1 hour ago, tremolo said:

Still, it just shows that even a fucking band that nobody knows can be more prolific than these guys who are considered “talented artists”.

It wasn’t a popularity contest anyway.

I know it wasn't popularity contest, but they trash a band that had recent commenced,for this is my point .

50 minutes ago, tremolo said:

Yeah, but it was 1988.

Axl talked a lot of shit too, Iron Maiden comes to mind and Pidgeons of Shit Metal.

It’s just part of being young and not giving a fuck.

In this point i coincide with you, just my point was is ironic they don't accomplish ed  so much like GNR , even though they are more prolific that GNR.