Were any classic era shows shot on film?

2 hours ago, Lim666 said:

Aall 192 UYI shows were recorded. The quality is to be expected superb on ALL of them. Why? There are live clips from several UYI shows on the official videos from "Live and Let Die" and "Dead Horse"....check them out, great quality there already! So it doesnt matter much if being shot on film or not, we "could" still get FM92 4:3 Blu-Ray quality from about all of them!

I doubt all 1992 UYI shows were shot on film. Most likely video, with film reserved for particular uses (specific songs, specific production, etc). Why? Film costs a boatload and video was cheap.

Unfortunately, given the only official home video release of a concert was Japan (shot on tape), with another PPV special (also, shot on tape), there's probably not a huge amount of film content easily available at this stage - at least in terms of full shows.

Hell, even Nirvana only had (as I recall) a single show shot on film. Why? Video was cheap and MTV was king.

3 hours ago, Lim666 said:

Aall 192 UYI shows were recorded. The quality is to be expected superb on ALL of them. Why? There are live clips from several UYI shows on the official videos from "Live and Let Die" and "Dead Horse"....check them out, great quality there already! So it doesnt matter much if being shot on film or not, we "could" still get FM92 4:3 Blu-Ray quality from about all of them!

Live and Let Die uses footage from 1991, right?

Izzy was still there

i suppose all shows from 1991, 1992 and 1993 were recorded in video, right?

2 hours ago, millhouse83 said:

I doubt all 1992 UYI shows were shot on film. Most likely video, with film reserved for particular uses (specific songs, specific production, etc). Why? Film costs a boatload and video was cheap.

Unfortunately, given the only official home video release of a concert was Japan (shot on tape), with another PPV special (also, shot on tape), there's probably not a huge amount of film content easily available at this stage - at least in terms of full shows.

Hell, even Nirvana only had (as I recall) a single show shot on film. Why? Video was cheap and MTV was king.

Check quality of lald and dead horse videos. The live clips are great great quality  (Axl helmet can footage excluded). So are all UYI Proshots, film doesnt matter here, video is killer enough!