Mr. Brownstone Alternate / Dry Mix Question

I brought this up in another thread but wanted to try to get a quicker answer.

Does anyone know where I can get this mix of Mr. Brownstone? Is it on the 7" or 12" It's So Easy single by any chance? If it's available anywhere on vinyl, I'd love to get it:

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

is it maybe related to this topic?

Possibly, yes!

The 7" singles I could find of It's So Easy so "mixed by Alan Niven and Michael Lardie" for Mr. Brownstone on the b-side. If that's this particular mix, I'll happily pay $20-$30 for the 7" single. I just want to be sure before I place an order though.

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Possibly, yes!

The 7" singles I could find of It's So Easy so "mixed by Alan Niven and Michael Lardie" for Mr. Brownstone on the b-side. If that's this particular mix, I'll happily pay $20-$30 for the 7" single. I just want to be sure before I place an order though.

Russ, don't waste your money, I can send you the track for free ?  Unless you really want the single ?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Russ, don't waste your money, I can send you the track for free ?  Unless you really want the single ?

I appreciate the offer but I've got the digital version of it already. Someone set me up with it years ago. A discussion in the AFD Remastered Sub Section made me think "Wait a minute. What if that mix of Brownstone is on a GN'R 7" or 12"??". If it's available on one of the vinyl singles, I'd love to have it. I'm just hoping I can confirm that before spending $20-$30 to find out. 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I appreciate the offer but I've got the digital version of it already. Someone set me up with it years ago. A discussion in the AFD Remastered Sub Section made me think "Wait a minute. What if that mix of Brownstone is on a GN'R 7" or 12"??". If it's available on one of the vinyl singles, I'd love to have it. I'm just hoping I can confirm that before spending $20-$30 to find out. 

It was released as a double A-side 7" and 12" single, backed with 'It's So Easy' on June 15th 1987, in the UK and Germany, to promote the 3 Marquee shows at the end of June. 

This is the complete tracklisting of the different versions :

7" : 'It's So Easy' [album version] + 'Mr. Brownstone' [alt. mix]

12" : 'It's So Easy' [album version] + 'Mr. Brownstone' [alt. mix] + 'Shadow Of Your Love' [Pasha version] + 'Move To The City' [album (Pasha) version]

Maybe you already knew this, just trying to help here ;)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

It was released as a double A-side 7" and 12" single, backed with 'It's So Easy' on June 15th 1987, in the UK and Germany, to promote the 3 Marquee shows at the end of June. 

This is the complete tracklisting of the different versions :

7" : 'It's So Easy' [album version] + 'Mr. Brownstone' [alt. mix]

12" : 'It's So Easy' [album version] + 'Mr. Brownstone' [alt. mix] + 'Shadow Of Your Love' [Pasha version] + 'Move To The City' [album (Pasha) version]

Maybe you already knew this, just trying to help here ;)

I know little to nothing about it, so any and all help is VERY appreciated! :)

So..............if I bought either the 7" or 12" versions listed here, I should be good?
https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Its-So-Easy/master/179361

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I know little to nothing about it, so any and all help is VERY appreciated! :)

So..............if I bought either the 7" or 12" versions listed here, I should be good?
https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Its-So-Easy/master/179361

Yep, if you want the original vinyl release, go for it.  If you just want the recording, you're good with your digital file.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Yep, if you want the original vinyl release, go for it.  If you just want the recording, you're good with your digital file.

Awesome, thanks! I really want to get in on vinyl to blast through my system. Thanks for the help!