Appetite for Distortion - Ep. 72: Mina Caputo, Life of Agony

Untold tales of auditioning for Velvet Revolver & the Doors is just the start. We go down a thought-provoking road about self-love & the human condition. She also gives a strong opinion on Adler and what we should appreciate in life. This is a can't-miss episode w/one of rock's most respected vocalists.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/53-Appetite-for-Distortion-27615384/episode/ep-72-mina-caputo-life-29572579/

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

• downzy pinned this topic
26 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Big fan of Keith/Mina's solo work. Great voice and amazing songwriter.

She said one of the songs she wrote for Velvet was about suicide. Thinks it was deemed too controversial for the band even though she thought it was brilliant.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

She said one of the songs she wrote for Velvet was about suicide. Thinks it was deemed too controversial for the band even though she thought it was brilliant.

Her first solo album Died Laughing is amazing and very personal. Saw her live in the Netherlands a lot of years ago with her Dutch band. Great artist.

• Like 1

Jezus, she's seriously talking some fucked up shit.. saying school shootings are orchestrated by the government and shit like that.. lost all respect, I'd fucking prefer Axl being silent then hearing this delusional stuff...

Edited by Evil Ash
Typo

5 hours ago, Evil Ash said:

Jezus, she's seriously talking some fucked up shit.. saying school shootings are orchestrated by the government and shit like that.. lost all respect, I'd fucking prefer Axl being silent then hearing this delusional stuff...

Yeah, that specifically I did not like. I let her speak though, just let her be her. I did enjoy the conversation other than that. 

I listened to the full episode the other day and it wasn't what I was expecting to be hearing about on a Guns podcast, but it was still entertaining. I don't think I've ever heard so many conspiracy theories in such a short space of time lol. :smiley-confused2:

Glad I listened to it in full though as her comments about spirituality did interest me, about how everything on the planet is connected etc, and when she spoke about her dog she sounded really happy which was cool - made it easy to connect with her as a person instead of writing her off for the conspiracy talk.

She maybe should have started with the lighthearted topics before mentioning chemtrails, galatic persons, flat earth, government controlling the weather and school shootings being staged :blink: Definitely threw me for the 1st hour but good job as always Brando :headbang:

• Thanks 1

• downzy unpinned this topic