Madden Mobile (The most predatory game in History)

DeadSlash

Anyone else dabbled in Madden's Mobile version?  It is the biggest money grab I have ever seen.

They sell $100 bundles now.  

It's set up in a way that even if you had the best possible team today, tomorrow that team would be outdated.  So, right now, the highest player available is 90 overall, at launch it was 85, next month it will be 95. So even if you spent $300 to get the best possible team today, tomorrow, you would need to spend another $400 to keep having the best possible team.

They have like 7 or 8 different kinds of currency, and they try and sell you a "Special Bundle" every time you level up.

^These are all facts, here are some suspicions :

When you play head to head, the game is rigged, they will make you lose multiple times in a row, regardless of team rating, then pop up a "special offer" from $9.99 to $49.99 to improve your team.  I've been on both ends of it, where a team that is garbage just decimates me, and my guys will drop every pass, even if wide open... and I've eviscerated teams I have no business beating where I'll throw into double coverage and somehow score.

I know a lot of people have quit, for a mobile game, it is overly complex, and it's predatory nature.  Has anyone messed with this?  Curious on your thoughts.

I agree with both of you, Madden Mobile wasn't like this when it came out, it went over the edge last year (or so I thought) and then it went bonkers this year.  The first 2 seasons of Madden Mobile, you didn't have to buy anything, and for people who were into that sort of thing, they would spend $50 at most, last year they made it pay to win, and I quit, because "it's just a fucking mobile game, wtf are the people at EA thinking?"  I just checked it out because I saw that the graphics are actually pretty amazing for a mobile game... then I saw how it ran.

I don't dick around with mobile games, like at all, so this was newsworthy to me.  I don't know if there are other games like this, but it quite literally would take in the $Thousands to dominate all season.   I can't believe this is a thing that kids have access to.  It's insane.

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

I deleted it when I found out it was a timed trial and you had to pay after 5 minutes or something like that.

I barely learned the controls and my time was up. 

Fucking garbage.

Same here. I downloaded it at the airport, saw the ridiculous pay-to-play scheme and uninstalled it. 

• Like 1