The DLR Cast with Brando from the "Appetite For Distortion" Podcast

"Darren and Steve welcome Brando from the very cool Appetite For Distortion Podcast, a Guns N' Roses-themed podcast. And there's lots of tales to tell! There's the frustrating and befuddling NDA's, fascinating stories behind Brando's unreleased/unfinished Doug Goldstein autobiography (now available to his Patreon members), the connections and similarities between David Lee Roth, Van Halen, and GNR, getting fantastic guests like the Use Your Illusion chiropractor, Dave and Axl at Donnington in the 80's and what may be next for Axl, Slash, Duff and company and a LOT more. Plus, Darren loves Buckethead!"

• Like 3

It was a great listen. I've been delving into Roth's solo stuff of late. Somewhere Over The Rainbow Bar and Grill is up there with his best, really looking forward to hearing more of this as yet unreleased album with John 5.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2024 at 9:36 PM, Dean said:

It was a great listen. I've been delving into Roth's solo stuff of late. Somewhere Over The Rainbow Bar and Grill is up there with his best, really looking forward to hearing more of this as yet unreleased album with John 5.

His stuff with John 5 is great. I especially like this one, Black Sand. It shows that Dave can do more than just hard rock stuff. Too bad that the "DLR Band" album isn't on Spotify etc. But thats why there's Youtube!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, tboneman said:

His stuff with John 5 is great. I especially like this one, Black Sand. It shows that Dave can do more than just hard rock stuff. Too bad that the "DLR Band" album isn't on Spotify etc. But thats why there's Youtube!

Some great stuff on that album, I imagine being scalded by the brothers during that failed ‘96 reunion was enough to get the creative juices flowing! John 5 said if you own a physical copy of that album, then it was most likely made by Dave himself as they were sorting the cases etc at his house!

• Like 3