who has ruled rock music then? US or UK

scottyboy_1986

Ive seen a few arguments come up here and there so i thought a thread dedicated to this would be cool

So who has ruled through History then?

UK or US???

obviously, being from the UK im gonna say my country because we created the originals, Led Zeppelin *bows down*!!!

come on then guys, prove your points

p.s. its just a bit of fun, so dont take it too seriously

cant you make it a poll??? :) : )

anyway theres no argument really.

The beatles are better than any american export in history, dont like them??? oh theres led zeppelin? dont like them oh theres pink floyd?

now now watch them argue that kiss are the greatest rock n roll band ever :lol:

cant you make it a poll??? :) : )

anyway theres no argument really.

The beatles are better than any american export in history, dont like them??? oh theres led zeppelin? dont like them oh theres pink floyd?

now now watch them argue that kiss are the greatest rock n roll band ever :lol:

if i made it a poll, people would just vote and dissapear, i wanna see people argue, lol

well if anyone says kiss are the greatest...then there having one 'crazy crazy night' ^_^

I would say in the 50's it was America with artists like Elvis and Little Richard, in the 60's probably the UK because of The Beatles, The Stones and The Who although the US did have Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. In the 70's it was definitely the UK with Led Zeppelin, Queen and Pink Floyd. But since the 80's it's been the US.

I'm from England by the way.

U-S-A! U-S-A! OO OO OO :P

ok, i'm just fooling. i don't really care. i like good music no matter what country the person is from. I'd say it's pretty even though, honestly. Even amount of real influential people (let's not forget our blues forefathers in this debate), even-ish amount of big names, more huge rock anthems from both nations than can be counted, hours upon hours upon days upon days upon weeks upon weeks of fun and enjoyment from both countries, and it's only rock 'n' roll.

i admit, i'm sick of hearing about most British bands from post-1985 or so.

I'd say definitely the UK.

Zeppelin, Floyd, Maiden, Beatles, Purple, Sabbath, Stones...

that's 6 iconic legendary bands right there.

US has GNR, Aerosmith, Metallica. But that's a moot point because these bands were all influenced by the Brittish legends.

... who were influenced by people from the USA, so it evens out.

I'd say definitely the UK.

Zeppelin, Floyd, Maiden, Beatles, Purple, Sabbath, Stones...

that's 6 iconic legendary bands right there.

US has GNR, Aerosmith, Metallica. But that's a moot point because these bands were all influenced by the Brittish legends.

... who were influenced by people from the USA, so it evens out.

obscure bluesmen dont count ;) the beatles is where it started.

I would say in the 50's it was America with artists like Elvis and Little Richard, in the 60's probably the UK because of The Beatles, The Stones and The Who although the US did have Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin. In the 70's it was definitely the UK with Led Zeppelin, Queen and Pink Floyd. But since the 80's it's been the US.

I'm from England by the way.

I agree