metallica still kings of hard rock-metal world

campos

Who said I hate them for cutting their hair? I couldn't cair less about their fucking hair.

I listen to Metallica since I can remember myself (and GnR too) and way before I had the internet, I already had all albums (except Kill'em All) untill ReLoad (with the help of my metalhead older brother). I listened to all the albums and noticed the difference between RtL, MoP and Load, ReLoad. I remember playing the fuck out of RtL (on a cassete!!!), and Justice for All and MoP (untill my brother sat on the CD and broke it in half), and not even touching Load and ReLoad. Why? Cause back then I thought it wasn't as good. Today, after listening to all those albums thousands of times, I still think the same - Load and ReLoad are crap!

I would say Load and ReLoad are crappy Thrash/Speed Metal albums with a mix of Heavy in them. But surely not Hard Rock.

You can look at Iron Maiden. This band never sold out, always played the fuck out of Heavy Metal, kicked all kinds of ass, never turned commercial (though Bruce did cut his hair... who cares??) and they still produce high quality albums almost 30 years later. I enjoy listening to each and every one of their albums. Even the ones without Bruce and Adrian.

All this bullshit about "growing as musicians" is crap. Metallica sold out for MTV, they pushed themselves into MTV and the mainstream pop by selling out.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pure garbage? wtf is wrong with u man? is ur hatred towards metallica so strong that it made u deaf or dumb?

sorry dude but load and reload are pretty damn good hard rock albums.. not all of the songs are great but some of them are pretty damn cool, hard rock isnt supposed to be all complex like their old thrashy metal stuff

cool songs in load= aint my bitch, 2x4, the house that jack built, UNTIL IT SLEEPS, king nothing, bleeding me, etc. --- if u dont like any of those songs and u say u like rock or hard rock there's something really wrong with u

reload= fuel, the memory remains, unforgiven 2, waste my hate, better than you, etc.

any good rock band that was starting at the time wouldve loved to write one of those songs ;)

the other question is

Is your blind faith in Metallica so strong that you can't see how they've become everything they stood against in the 80s?

Sorry to break it to you guys but Metallica died with Cliff Burton.

And Dave Mustaine is more Metallica now than Metallica is.

pure garbage? wtf is wrong with u man? is ur hatred towards metallica so strong that it made u deaf or dumb?

sorry dude but load and reload are pretty damn good hard rock albums.. not all of the songs are great but some of them are pretty damn cool, hard rock isnt supposed to be all complex like their old thrashy metal stuff

cool songs in load= aint my bitch, 2x4, the house that jack built, UNTIL IT SLEEPS, king nothing, bleeding me, etc. --- if u dont like any of those songs and u say u like rock or hard rock there's something really wrong with u

reload= fuel, the memory remains, unforgiven 2, waste my hate, better than you, etc.

any good rock band that was starting at the time wouldve loved to write one of those songs ;)

the other question is

Is your blind faith in Metallica so strong that you can't see how they've become everything they stood against in the 80s?

OK, I'm totally with you now. So in the 80's Metallica was all about doing what they wanted, whenever they wanted, and not giving a shit about what others thought of them. They did their own thing their own way, and they never took "no" for an answer. Almost exactly like they do now. Oh wait, then nevermind, I guess I'm not with you on this one. Sorry.

the other question is

no .. of course i dont like most of the songs in st anger but i gave it a few fair listenings

and unlike u and other people... i like my favorite bands to be able to play in different styles.. and be able to play whatever the fuck they want and make it great... for example yeah iron maiden is great... but they're just playing the same shit over and over...it gets boring u know having 10 albums of the same stuff.... musicians have to grow just like people do that's just my opinion

at least metallica is trying something different that's what i like about them. and yes dave mustaine is great... but he never kicked as much as metallica... NEVER

i think of megadeth as a different band than metallica... both are original so i dont have any problem trying to compare them

i gotta admit it i like the system has failed a lot ;) it has some weak songs and some very strong ones, overall a pretty decent album :)

It's like they didn't care and took themselves seriously after TBA.

That song "mama said" wtf is that,come on.

It's cheesier than cheese.

:laugh:

That's the opinion of someone who puts a big photo of motley crue , who belong in the worst era of music ever (hair glam shit metal) . motley crue is cheesy not metallica.

Mama Said Rocks, go dye your hair.

That's the opinion of someone who puts a big photo of motley crue , who belong in the worst era of music ever (hair glam shit metal) . motley crue is cheesy not metallica.

i agree.... and they say metallica sold out :lol:

Mama said is the worst shit I've ever heard.

And it's coming from Metallica! LoL

Fuck their country-metal.

Mötley's music became much more dark and harder in the 90's,

meanwhile Metallica became soft,boring,cheesy with no good songs.

Ever heard Motley's selftitled album from 94?

With John Corabi on Vocals.

It's rawer,harder,better and more metal than anything metallica have released since TBA.

When did Motley sell out btw?

I must have missed that one.

:blink:

Edited by Raas

It's rawer,harder,better and more metal than anything metallica have released since TBA.

Lets see, maybe they sold out when they all got back together for a farewell tour.. oh yeah, a tour in support of their 2nd, yes, SECOND "Greatest Hits" album.

01. MADONNA ($125 million)

02. PRINCE ($90.2 million)

03. SHANIA TWAIN ($62.5 million)

04. SIMON & GARFUNKEL ($59 million)

05. METALLICA ($53.8 million)

06. BETTE MIDLER ($53.3 million)

07. STING ($52.4 million)

08. KENNY CHESNEY ($49.3 million)

09. DAVID BOWIE ($46 million)

10. TOBY KEITH ($44.3 million)

well, that list says that they dont have anything to do with metal anymore :ph34r:

between simon & garfunkel (aka the kings of heavy metal) and bette midler (aka the voice of hardrock) :rolleyes:

dude you should not look at the figures to judge if something is awesome metal or not, but LISTEN to the music and their last few albums are miscarriages of quasimodo proportions.

live they are still better than most metal bands btw for the morons who never went to a metallica gig but still bash them :fuckyou:

St Anger's problem was the lyrics were so repetitive and there were no Kirk solos. It seemed like the album had been thrown together in a matter of weeks :unsure:

Studio wise I think Metallica's best days may be behind them. But in my opinion, they are currently the greatest live band in the world, and will continue to be so for at least the next 5 years.

when did they sell out?

look at their music man... they wore... make up... they're music was cheesy(girls girls girls :rolleyes: ) wow really meaningful

metallica just 4 words = and justice for all